Wheel-Thrown Pottery for Beginners
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 11 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understanding of the technical processes, concepts and practices of pottery wheel based art.
- Student will be able to throw basic forms on the pottery wheel.
- No experience necessary, you will need to have access to clay and a pottery wheel if you would like to participate in the exercises.
This course offers a thorough, well-organized, and detailed approach to the numerous aspects of the of the potter's wheel as a mode of artistic expression. Students learn through text, video demonstrations and skill building exercises that walk individuals through a strategic hierarchy of beginning forms. The class moves through studio set up and safety, construction processes, to artistic aesthetic choices.
The class is a thoughtful blend of artistic guidance and fundamental educational goals for art students, Wheel-Thrown Pottery for Beginners was developed for varying levels of art courses and for individuals wishing to pursue their own ceramic education. The class will enable you to speak knowledgeably about the medium, understand techniques, outline clear forming steps, and to expand your knowledge of the pottery’s wheel.
- This is a great course for anyone interested in art, pottery and/or ceramics.
- Is a great tool to any one taking a clay/ceramic class.
- A good resource for teachers with limited ceramic knowledge, like high school instructors.
- Great resource for the art classroom.