A Career in Careers, how to become a Career Coach or Adviser
What you'll learn
- Define the roles and responsibilities of a Careers Professional
- Identify the qualifications required for particular roles in the career profession
- Evaluate the pros and cons of the different types of role in the sector
- Develop a plan for moving into the careers sector
- No previous experience required, just an interest in learning more about working in the Careers sector.
Are you dreaming of a career with purpose and meaning, where you can help other people? The Careers Sector is a fast growing market, with an increasing number of professional roles where you can do just that. In this introduction to a Career in Careers, I use my over 15 years' experience in the sector to guide you in the skills, qualifications and qualities needed to thrive in the sector. You'll learn about the different roles, including Careers Adviser and Career Coach, what they involve, who the big players are and what it takes to start your own career in this amazing sector.
This course covers:
The types of roles in the sector, including career coaching, careers advisers and apprenticeship work
Working with young people and with adults - the types of role available, the pros and cons to working with each client group and a more detailed look with some case studies
Skills, experience and qualifications required and what it really takes to work in the different roles
Top tips on how the sector works and some of the 'big names', including professional memberships and some 'top tips' on where to job hunt
Access to further information and tools to help you map yourself against sector requirements, such as completing a SWOT analysis and 'pros and cons' list.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended as an introduction to the Careers sector, for anyone who has an interest in this sector, in helping adults or young people with their career choices and in learning more about the skills and qualifications needed for various roles in the Careers sector.
Caroline has over 15 years' experience working in the careers and learning and development sector. She is the Founder of The Talent Cycle, a business established to support clients through working out, getting into and thriving in their dream careers. She has qualifications in Career Coaching, Career Guidance and Development and is a professional CV writer and has spent much of her career, writing and delivering professional training, both online and in person.