A BoHo Hairstyle with Braids and Curls
What you'll learn
- BoHo Hairstyles are all about soft texture! You will learn how to achieve this texture and keep the hair in!
- You will learn how to prep the hair for a beautiful texture.
- You will learn my step by step construction process for building this look again and again!
- Bonus! Learn how one pinching and pulling technique looks on different hair types!
- Your fingers will send messages to your brain and create new neuron pathways for learning. Have a mannequin head or a friend / relative you can work on as you watch. #1 have patience and words of encouragement toward yourself.
- You will also need bobby pins, a dry working hair spray, a hair gripping powder from sallys or walmart, small elastics, hair pins, normal size elastics, hair mousse for fine hair. A small brush, a rat tail comb, hot rollers are good, a curling iron and long duck bill silver clips as well as bigger plastic hair clips.
Sit down with me as I clearly break down this boho updo style. I will talk and walk you through the process in real time so you can follow along. This look also has more than one braid but you can do other techniques on one of the sides as well.
Not only will you learn this style but throughout the course videos I give you a ton of tips and ideas to alter this look if your client wants something a bit different.
In addition to this updo there is a bonus of 3 more exciting looks! By using a simple but highly creative flip over technique you can utilize this in many ways.
Not only will you learn this style but I teach you my sectioning system so you will not get lost in the hair. No more brain freeze meltdowns in the middle of your updo secession! Many stylists tell me they freeze up as doubts creep into their thinking!
Working with brides or teens on their very important special occasion can get the best of our nerves. I am so glad you are here working out your styles on your own and building your confidence.
Many stylists tell me they use way too many bobby pins and still worry their updos will fall out. NO more! My updo system uses less bobby pins and actually holds the hairstyle better because of the internal construction!
I am here for you, please reach out to me any time!
Who this course is for:
- Professional hairdressers or students looking to improve speed, skills and confidence.
- Anyone who loves doing awesome hairstyles on family and friends!
- Make-up artists, models, and anyone who is in the beauty trade!
I am MOST passionate about creating opportunities for people to experience transformation and reach for their dreams! Stylists, salon owners and anyone interested in creating beautiful hairstyles: Welcome!
I started in the Beauty Industry in 1980 and enjoyed seasons as a salon owner, Updo educator, platform artist, freelance artist and webmaster.
Then, I moved into the wedding industry educating brides as well as wedding planners on how to avoid wedding morning madness.
I am the author of two books, The Morning of Your Wedding and The Business of Bridal Beauty.
Currently, I am a certified Clarity Coaching and run Updo and Hairstyle Education page and group on Facebook.
I love creating hairstyling courses for you here on Udemy.