SQL Server: Learn T-SQL in 9 hours (ITS-201, 98-364)
What you'll learn
- create tables in a database, normalize the tables, and ALTER columns in the table.
- Know what data type to use in various situations.
- retrieve data using SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY.
- JOIN two tables together, finding missing data.
- INSERT new data, UPDATE and DELETE existing data, and export data INTO a new table.
- Create constraints, views, procedures and triggers
- Create backups and restore data, and investigate security
- You need to know how to use a computer, and hopefully know how to use a spreadsheet.
- No prior knowledge of SQL Server required.
- SSMS cannot be installed on the Mac OS. If you wish to install it on a Mac, you will need either to dual boot into Windows or be running Parallel Desktop.
- You don't even need SQL Server installed - I'll show you how to install it on your computer for free!
- There is a 30-day refund policy on this Udemy course - see Udemy's refund policy.
- Why not have a look at the curriculum below and see what you can learn?
This course is the foundation for the IT Specialist Certification OD 201 "Databases Fundamentals" (which previously was Microsoft's 98-364 exam), and focuses on Microsoft SQL Server. Learn in just a few hours how to create tables, queries, views, procedures and more.
What do people like you say about it?
Seme says "Thank you very much for your valuable course . I really enjoyed this course . Packed a lot of information , I found it very interesting and useful . Thank you ."
Gasper says "Phillip always does a great job, this is my third course from him. Passionate and informed, I will take as many courses as I can from him."
Jonas says "Explaining SQL on a very easyway! Takes you though everything you need to know nice and calm."
We start off by installing for free on your Windows desktop or laptop SQL Server, and learning how the six clauses of the SELECT statement - SELECT, FROM, WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY.
We'll examine how data is stored in tables, and see why normalisation is important for the proper building of tables.
We'll then look at constraints, which allows you to set up rules for your data. Following this, how can we insert, update and delete data? We'll also create views, procedures, functions, and have a look at triggers.
Finally, we'll investigate how to speed up your queries using indexes, add security, and back up your data.
No prior knowledge is required - I'll even show you how to install SQL Server on your computer for free!
There are regular quizzes to help you remember the information, so you can be sure that you are learning.
Once finished, you will have a good introductory knowledge of how databases work and be able to construct your own SELECT statements. And with a bit of practice, you could also go for the official IT Specialist exam - wouldn’t that certificate look good on your CV or resume?
Who this course is for:
- This SQL course is meant for you, if you have not used SQL Server much (or at all), and want to learn T-SQL.
- This course is also for you if you want a refresher on SQL. However, no prior SQL Server knowledge is required.
- By the end of this course, after entering the official Practice Tests, you could enter (and hopefully pass) Microsoft's official 98-364 exam.
- Wouldn't the "MTA: Database Fundamentals" certification look good on your CV or resume?
Hi. I'm Phillip, and I'm proud to Teach with Udemy as a Udemy Instructor Partner. I have been teaching on Udemy since 2015, and I have over 680,000 students and more than 40 video courses, including over a dozen Bestseller courses.
My courses include Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server, Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.), Azure, Microsoft Office, and more. Many of my courses follow requirements for official Microsoft certifications - so with a bit of practice, you could enter the exam and put it on your CV or resume.
I have been a Computing Consultant providing expert services in the development of computer systems and data analysis. I am one of 9 award winning Experts for Experts Exchange's 11th Annual Expert Awards. My interests are working with data, including Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Access, SQL Server, and the Power Platform.
I Do Data is dedicated to creating video courses on Udemy in a variety of computer-related topics, such as SQL in its different dialects and Microsoft Office.
Are you wanting to learn a new skill from the beginning? Or are you wanting to build on an existing skill? In either case, welcome.
Our courses are available on Udemy at any time, so you can watch them whenever you like, as often as you like.
For many of our courses, if you master the skills taught, you are able (if you wish) to take (and hopefully pass) the official certification offered by Microsoft, Tableau or other companies.
That would look good on your CV or resume? It could make the difference between getting a promotion, or a more rewarding job.
I Do Data courses are dedicated to enabling you to succeed.