8. Romanian Grammar: Past Tense(s)
What you'll learn
- Distinguish between various forms of past tenses in Romanian language
- Form the Past participle of any verb based on infinitive ending
- Form the Past (perfect) simple and Past (perfect) continuous
- Form the Past (and present) conditional
- Form the Past (and present) subjunctive
- Form the Future in the past (and future simple)
- Form the negative and interrogative of a sentence
- English speaking and listening skills (intermediate)
- Basic notions of English Grammar
- Romanian Phonetics course (free on Udemy) completed
- Basic knowledge about Romanian Present tense (check previous courses)
- Basic knowledge about Romanian Pronoun (check previous courses)
In 18 lessons, including over 3 hours of video teaching material, you will acquire the necessary grammar knowledge to form the past tenses (and modi supporting past tense) in the Romanian language. The course comes with quizzes and practice tests cumulating over 200 teachers' validated questions concerning the subject. PDF Documentation is attached and can be downloaded at the end of the Sections / Lessons.
Focus is on:
Forming the Past participle
Forming the Past (perfect) simple and Past (perfect) continuous
Forming the Future in the past (and Future simple)
Forming the Past (and present) conditional
Forming the Past (and present) subjunctive
One of the main problems for a non-native when it comes to tenses is understanding the correspondence between English Tenses and Romanian ones. Some of the Romanian language's past tenses are complex due to variable endings. However, there are not so many tenses compared to English, and - in most cases - one Romanian tense may cover up to three English tenses in the spoken language. These issues are touched also during this course.
Some of the past tenses are not of high relevance for the basic (even intermediary) level while some of them are mainly used regionally. The present course covers all the needs in terms of past tense from Basic to Intermediary level (even Advanced to some extent), including regional particularities.
This course (as the entire series published by me in the Romanian Language) is 100% based on grammar concepts. To avoid false expectations, please be advised that this course has no vocabulary or conversations that you may listen to and repeat. You can easily find basic conversation movies on YouTube. I teach the Romanian language to those interested in understanding the grammar of past tense in order to build self-sustainable Romanian language skills.
To ensure a smooth progression, if you start from zero, please make sure you study the previous (free of charge) course I prepared on phonetics, and at minimum the courses related to the Present tense of "to have" and "to be" and the one on Personal Pronoun. Stepping into this course without any previous knowledge of Romanian is not recommended. This is for the long runners.
Who this course is for:
- Learners willing / struggling to understand the framework of Romanian Past Tenses
- Learners willing / struggling to master Romanian Past Participle
- Learners willing / struggling to learn Romanian Past (perfect) Simple
- Learners willing / struggling to learn Romanian Past (perfect) Continuous
- Learners willing / struggling to master the Future Simple and Future in the Past
- Learners willing / struggling to master the Past and Present Conditional
- Learners willing / struggling to master the Past and Present Subjunctive
I am a professional trainer with 20 years of experience in teaching adults and creating training products for online or classroom-based education. I teach public speaking, facilitation/moderation techniques, personal development, leadership, presentation skills, and others at the international level, wherever I am asked. As a Romanian, teaching the Romanian Language is my passion. I recently started under the Udemy umbrella therefore please feel free to subscribe and/or send me your feedback. Education is a lifetime journey. Enjoy the ride!