The 8 Limbs of Yoga to Align Your Mind, Body & Spirit
What you'll learn
- Understand yoga in a more complete manner through the 8 limbs of yoga.
- Use the 8 limbs of yoga in your everyday life, by learning practical applications and examples.
- Know the basics of yogic philosophy and morality.
- Understand some of the inner workings of the mind and how to work with it more effectively.
- Take more responsibility for your life and learn to create it more consciously.
- Improve your resilience and response to life's challenges.
- Decrease stress, worry and anxiety.
- Live with more happiness, joy and fulfillment.
- Improve your physical, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Be more mindful in how you deal with and treat yourself and others.
- Deepen your spiritual journey and understanding of the Self.
- Advance your journey of self-realization and/or self-actualization.
- Expand your consciousness and awareness of spiritual growth.
- Enjoy a greater sense of inner peace and connection with the Divine.
- You will need access to a reliable Internet connection in order to watch the video lectures.
- A yoga mat and/or comfortable, quiet space is recommended for reflection activities.
- No previous yoga experience is required, and no physical postures will be done in this course.
Yoga can provide powerful benefits that positively transform us mentally, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. But to access and enjoy the maximum potential of each of these, we must approach yoga from its holistic essence and fullness of purpose. There is so much more to yoga than just a physical practice, and when we make yoga a way of life, we tap into the immense potential of yoga for us.
Enjoy better physical health, mental function, emotional balance and spiritual immersion.
To help you gain the most benefit from yoga for your life, this course will provide you with an introduction to the eight limbs of yoga, as outlined in the ancient Yoga Sutras, and guidance for applying them in your everyday life. It explores how each limb contributes to the core philosophy of yoga, and how to work with them for most effectiveness and wellbeing.
Take this course to:
- Expand your understanding of yoga and its potential for your life.
- Live with more joy, inner peace and satisfaction.
- Live with more stillness and ease.
- Cultivate mindfulness, acceptance and presence.
- Decrease your reactivity, impulsiveness or impatience.
- Improve your energy levels, relationships and wellbeing.
- Learn about the importance of training your mind for self-mastery.
- Improve your focus, clarity and concentration.
- Learn some yogic breathing techniques.
- Learn how to use the physical yoga asana practice effectively.
- Learn yoga's different states of meditation.
- Strengthen your spiritual connection.
- Live in a heart-centered and spirit-connected way that aligns the wholeness of your being.
Become a better human being and make your life a living reflection of love and peace.
Whether you would like a greater understanding of yoga, or you are interested in spiritual growth and consciousness expansion, or you are on a path of self-actualization or self-realization, this course will help you advance in all of these areas. The 8 Limbs of Yoga course was created to help you learn about the true purpose of yoga, how to use it and benefit from it in all areas of your life. Its intention is to progress your spiritual evolution, no matter what stage you are at, and access the numerous physical, mental, emotional and spiritual benefits yoga can offer.
Have the 8 Limbs of Yoga illuminate your spiritual path to connect with the truth of who you are.
The course will provide you with over 2 hours of video content, divided into 2 parts and 11 lectures. The lessons include quizzes, reading, writing and reflection exercises to help you practice and apply what you are learning.
Deepen your yoga practice and advance your spiritual journey today!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who is interested in understanding the full scope of yoga, beyond just its physical component.
- This course will benefit spiritual seekers who wish to improve the quality of their life and live in harmony with others.
- This course is for those who are new to yoga or the spiritual side of yoga, and who would like to deepen their spiritual growth.
- This course is NOT for you if you are seeking a physical yoga or meditation practice, or are not interested in spiritual topics.
Evita Ochel, BSc., BEd., is an educator, researcher, and writer with over 20 years of experience in the field of optimal human health who integrates the best of conventional science and holistic principles. She is also certified as a holistic nutritionist, CHN, with a specialty in plant-based nutrition, and certified as a yoga and meditation teacher, CYT.
Evita is the author of the book "Healing & Prevention Through Nutrition" and the founder of the Healthytarian Lifestyle, based on fresh thinking, smart eating, and mindful living. She has created several online publications that feature hundreds of her articles, videos, classes, and courses, and has provided counseling to thousands of people on numerous wellness-related topics.
By addressing the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual areas of our health, Evita helps people understand how everything is interconnected and reflected in the various states that our body and mind express. She works to empower individuals to consciously create their life, their state of health, and the world they wish to see by being aware of and taking responsibility for their personal choices.