7 Principles of Successful Investing
What you'll learn
- Learn seven time-tested principles that enable you to invest mindfully and get on the road to building long-term wealth.
- Build a holy grail portfolio like the hedge-fund billionaires.
- Feel confident investing your own money – in all market conditions.
- Use sophisticated risk-management technology, previously only available to Wall Street elite.
- Decide for yourself whether cryptocurrency is right for you.
- Make your own decisions about how to invest your money.
- Practice techniques inspired by Nobel-prize winning research to overcome emotions that sabotage your investing.
- Believe in what you invest in and why it matters.
- Discover what kind of investor you are using a risk-tolerance and time-horizon questionnaire.
- Create your own risk budget and learn how to spend that budget to maximize returns.
- Get a good night’s sleep and stop obsessing about crypto volatility, the price of Tesla, and the 24-hour financial news cycle.
- Required: 30 minutes (or less) per lesson; desire to take control of your finances; healthy distrust of get-rich-quick schemes.
- Not Required: Experience; degree in finance; previous investing success or failure
In this course, you'll get proven strategies and tools that will help you become a more successful investor.
No gimmicks. No confetti or bells and whistles. Just sound investing principles based on decades of research and experience.
You'll learn to maximize your returns and minimize your risk like the pros and build habits that take most investors 10+ years to develop.
You don't have to have a degree in finance to make money in the markets. All you need is a desire to learn and the willingness to put in some work.
Is this course right for you? If you can say yes to these questions, you’ll fit in with the community of investors I’m building.
Do you want to be more autonomous and make your own decisions about how to invest your money?
Are you wary of get-rich-quick schemes?
Does buying a lottery ticket or going to a casino seem like a flawed plan for retirement or any long-term financial aspirations?
Do you already invest in the stock market, crypto, gold, or silver and want better results, OR do you want to start investing in the stock market but don’t know where to start?
Your money is your voice. Does investing in something you believe in resonate with you?
Learn to invest like the pros and get on the road to building long-term wealth.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for people who want to feel confident investing their own money; understand what information they need to make responsible decisions; have a voice in the markets and invest in assets they believe in.
I started investing when I was completing my PhD dissertation on new mathematics for decision making under uncertainty, and I figured that I could apply my smarts to the stock market and clean up. Instead of cleaning up, I was nearly cleaned out. I did, however, discover something of immense value during that process: There’s a big difference between the theory of risk and the reality of risk.
Since that humbling introduction to investing, I’ve spent the last two decades building on what I learned so I can help myself and tens of thousands of other investors leverage technology and behavioral finance to make consistently better investment decisions. The definition of a better investment decision is when you make more money AND take less risk.
That brings me to today. My work helping independent investors is moving full speed ahead. And I’m more committed than ever to building next-generation financial technology and providing great education for independent-minded individuals who are committed to succeeding on their own.