Microsoft Word 1: 9 hours to Specialist (intermediate) level
What you'll learn
- create documents, including from templates and PDFs.
- navigate through documents, including searching text, creating bookmarks, using go to and inserting hyperlinks.
- formatting documents, including page setup, document themes, inserting headers and footers, page numbers and watermarks.
- customising document views, including the ribbon and quick access toolbar, adding metadata, using the show/hide button, and recording and using macros.
- configuring documents to print and save in remote locations and alternate file formats, and password protecting documents.
- inserting text and paragraphs, including inserting built-in fields and special characters, removing blank paragraphs en masse, inserting text via AutoCorrect.
- formatting text and paragraphs, including text formats, paragraph formats, indenting (in detail), stylising text, and changing text to WordArt.
- Before beginning, you will need to know how to use a Windows computer, including a mouse.
- It would be good if you have used Microsoft Word before, but this is not essential.
- It would also be good if you have Microsoft Word already installed, but not essential, as I will be installing a trial version of Microsoft Office.
Very complete looking forward to sitting exam - Donald Eric Warner
Great instruction. This guy knows all the tricks! Learning things I have never used before. - Caesaree Tompkins Harper
Really thorough. Definitely making sure that all components are covered for the exam. - David Smith Jr.
In this 9 hour course, learn how to create, navigate through and format documents, customise your options and views (including recording macros), configuring documents to print/save, and inserting and formatting text and paragraphs. For more details, see the full curriculum.
This course teaches all the skills that Microsoft want you to know. Specifically, they are the skills required to undertake the Microsoft Certificate 77-418 for Microsoft Word 2013 and 77-725 for Microsoft Word 2016 and will be useful if you wish to take the exam, or which to learn more about Microsoft Word.
The core skills which are taught are those tested by Microsoft in the exam. There are 16 topics that Microsoft that it wants you to learn, and this course teaches you all of them.
Each module is taught in order, and is divided in sub-topics, and generally each sub-topic will have an individual lecture lasting 5-7 minutes.
The course will take about 9 hours to complete, plus will you need additional time to test yourselves to ensure that you have learned the necessary skills.
You should take this course if:
you want to learn more about Microsoft Word, or
you want to become a certified Microsoft Office Specialist.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for you if you want to develop your Microsoft Word skills.
- This course will use Word 2016, but is ideal for you if you use any modern version - Word 2007, 2010, 2013, 2019 or 365.
- This course is also for you if you use an older version of Microsoft Word, but want to learn the newer versions.
- This course is for you if you want to become certified in Microsoft Word, as we will be using the skills requirements of the Official Microsoft Exam 77-418.
- This course will also help towards the Word 2010 exam (77-881) or Word 2007 exam (77-601).
- This course is not for you if you want to learn Microsoft Word for Macintosh computers.
Hi. I'm Phillip, and I'm proud to Teach with Udemy as a Udemy Instructor Partner. I have been teaching on Udemy since 2015, and I have over 700,000 students and more than 40 video courses, including over a dozen Bestseller courses.
My courses include Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server, Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, etc.), Azure, Microsoft Office, and more. Many of my courses follow requirements for official Microsoft certifications - so with a bit of practice, you could enter the exam and put it on your CV or resume.
I have been a Computing Consultant providing expert services in the development of computer systems and data analysis. I am one of 9 award winning Experts for Experts Exchange's 11th Annual Expert Awards. My interests are working with data, including Microsoft Power BI, Excel, Access, SQL Server, and the Power Platform.