7 to 9 Drupal migration
What you'll learn
- How to move/migrate a Drupal 7 project to Drupal 9
- How to fix issues in contrib modules/packages
- How to implement contrib modules/plugins
- How to use DDEV for local development
- Familiar with Drupal main concepts
- PHP7+ of course
The majority of Drupal sites living on the web are still built on Drupal 7.
While an amazing work has been done by the Drupal community to provide an upgrade path, more complex sites need to take a more refined approach and why not - improving the content structure, logic and avoid the mistakes done in Drupal 7 in the first instance.
This course is about breaking down a Drupal 7 site, rebuild and improve it in Drupal 9 after which the content is migrated and adjusted accordingly.
You’re expected to have at least some understanding of Drupal 7 main concepts, like Content Types, Entities, Vocabularies, and entity references.
Even if not, you might find it useful for understanding certain Drupal concepts and how to troubleshoot issues, as I bumped into a couple of them but solved afterwards.
Who this course is for:
- Those who have a Drupal 7 site and want to finally upgrade to the latest D9
- Those who want to find out basic concepts of D7 and D9
With over eight years of expertise in web development, I am primarily focusing on Drupal, Laravel backend architecture and Web Components. I'm also proficient in the fields of UX, Web Security and DevOps and been able to apply and proof all these knowledge on various per-project and permanent based contracts.
Also, I try to regularity attend local meetups here in London on various topics