How to Give and Receive Feedback: 7 Proven Principles
What you'll learn
- Understand the psychology behind feedback to increase self-awareness and emotional intelligence
- Apply 7 Principles of Effective Feedback to give the right feedback at the right time
- Apply feedback structures like FBI to deliver negative feedback appropriately, and CRC to deliver balanced feedback
- Reduce anxiety and discomfort around feedback
- An open mind and a drive to grow to become a better, more effective person and leader.
Giving feedback causing you trouble? Don't worry, it can be a real challenge for us all.
First, congratulations on your interest to learn the skill of giving feedback. Few people are willing and growth-orientated enough to take time for such things.
The principles taught in this course are used by top leaders (such as Simon Sinek and Sheila Heen) and World Class public speaking coaches. Understand the principles, and become a more influential and confident leader, manager or sales professional, or whichever other relevant position you hold.
- Deliver effective feedback to influence others positively
- Understand when and how to give positive or negative feedback
- Experience the freedom of giving feedback to others without anxiety
- Understand your unique personal style of giving and receiving feedback
- Overcome your insecurities, and seek feedback without fear
- Develop a culture of feedback in your team or organisation
You will learn:
- 7 Principles of Effective Feedback
- Psychology of Feedback
- FBI and CRC Structures
- Skills Analysis
- 100/100 Concept
- Receiving feedback
Become a priceless asset to your organisation as you build a culture of feedback, leading by example. Discover aspects of yourself you were not aware of, and how the way you like to receive feedback affects how you give it. Learn how to give feedback in a way which builds people up, and develops trusting and strong relationships.
You'll leave this course with an understanding of others which will grow and develop over the years to come.
Who this course is for:
- Managers & salespeople as well as coaches, teachers, and anyone else.
My passion for communication skills began at the Toastmasters Leadership and Communication Program.
After founding my own club I was invited to give a workshop to the staff of the United Nations in Valencia, Spain. The staff learned how to give each other effective feedback to accelerate their communication skill development and improve relationships.
In my time working in sales for a startup I found the principles of feedback especially useful to accelerate skill development of sales teams and increase revenues.
I teach these principles because they were so useful in my own life when it came to helping others to develop and improving my own relationships.