7 PR Secrets All Nonprofits Should Know
What you'll learn
- The 7 secrets of PR and why every nonprofit should be thinking about them
- Understand what’s important and what’s not important for nonprofit PR
- Identify what makes your nonprofit unique among everyone else
- Craft a reporter pitch that get results
- Incorporate PR into your fundraising and social media efforts
- Construct a PR Narrative that is the tip of your PR & Marketing spear
- No prerequisites
Let’s face it. Most Executive Directors (ED) think Public Relations (PR) is something that a college intern can do by Mailchimping a pitch to a list of reporters scrapped from the Internet. It’s usually the last thing a nonprofit or an ED thinks of while their building their nonprofit.
I’m sure you struggle to figure out when to do PR, what type of PR you need, and more importantly, how to go about getting your message out into the world. Don’t worry. The 7 PR Secrets All Nonprofit Should Know is for the nonprofit who wants to understand how PR can help their nonprofit and to make the right decisions about when to hire a professional.
You’ll Learn How To:
Learn the 7 secrets of PR and why every nonprofit should be thinking about them
Understand what’s important and what’s not important for nonprofit PR
Identify what makes your nonprofit unique among everyone else
Craft a reporter pitch that gets results
Incorporate PR into your fundraising and social media efforts
Construct a PR Narrative that is the tip of your PR & Marketing spear
I hope you'll join me and learn the 7 PR Secrets All Nonprofits Should Know.
Who this course is for:
- Executive Directors who want to understand the power of PR to build a following
- Communications professionals and grant writers who want to stand out from the crowd.
- Nonprofit Board Directors who often ask “why are we the best kept nonprofit in our sector?”
Jarie Bolander is an engineer by training and an entrepreneur by nature. He has over 20 years of experience bring innovative products to market. Some of them include Bluetooth, USB, RFID, Semiconductor DNA sequencing, and SaaS for Healthcare. Over the past three years, he has been a reluctant PR Maven at JSY PR & Marketing — a full service PR & Marketing firm that specializes in professional athletes, startups, and nonprofits. Through his work with JSY PR & Marketing, he has realized that well told stories can change the world. After the death of his wife Jane in 2017, he has dedicated himself to helping nonprofits tell better stories via JSY Giving.
Jarie has formed or been part of six startups in various management roles. He hold a MBA in Technology Management and a BS in Electrical Engineering. He is also inventor or co-inventor on over ten patents and has published six books — 8 Startup Dilemmas All Founders Will Face, The Entrepreneur Ethos, 7 PR Secrets All Founders Should Know, Frustration Free Technical Management, Endurance tweet — A Little Nudge to Keep You Going, and Business Basics for Entrepreneurs. You can read his thoughts on management and entrepreneurship via his blog, The Daily MBA, follow him on Twitter @thedailymba or connect with him on LinkedIn.