7 Modules of Pipe Materials II Piping Engineering
What you'll learn
- Understanding Various Elements of Material
- Impact of Carbon, Manganese, Silicon, Sulfur, Phosphorus, Chromium, Molybdenum, Nickel etc.
- Understand Various Heat treatment & Important Terms
- Understand import things about ASTM standards : Nomenclature
- Various Types of steels
- Carbon, Low temperature, Stainless steel Pipes & Alloy steel
- 10 ASTM Standards : Important clauses
- ASTM 106, 53, 672, API5L, ASTM 312, 358, 333, 671, A335
- Differences between A106 & A53
- Difference between A106 & A312
- Various Seamless & Welded Pipes
- Comparison of various Grades
- Detailing of Impact Testing
- Clauses to Get Exemption from Impact Testing
- What are various ordering information required
- Various references from other ASTM & ASME standards
7 Modules of Pipe Materials
This course covers 7 important sections which talks about the materials generally used in piping industry. First section talks about the various elements of materials along with their impact on chemical & mechanical properties.
Commonly used Elements which are covered in this section are Carbon, Manganese, Silicon, Sulfur, Phosphorus, Chromium, Molybdenum, Nickel etc.
In second section most common terms relate to heat treatment & general are covered, for example: Hardenability, Quenching, Tempering, Elasticity, Tensile strength, Yield strength & ductility.
Third section talks about the various factors which are required to understand the ASTM standard. It will answer the questions like what are ASTM standards, why these standards are required, how these standards are developed. Each and every alphabet & numeric number in Standard’s name has a meaning. All these nomenclatures shall be discussed with some practical examples.
Next four sections talk about Carbon Steel, Low temperature carbon steels; Stainless steel & Alloy steel pipes. Most of the common & important clauses from various ASTM standards have been covered.
Pipe Materials for Seamless & welded pipes have been listed for various steel types and their ASTM standards along with various grades have been explained. Chemical & Mechanical Properties w.r.t. various compositions have been discussed. Various Grades are compared w.r.t. each other so that better clarity is there to understand various clauses. Ordering information w.r.t. individual Pipe material has been furnished and explained in detail. Various factors behind getting the required the mechanical & chemical properties have been discussed.
Glad to inform that I have used some graphics in this course specially to make it interesting, and to avoid distractions because of literature involved.
Who this course is for:
- Designers & Engineers
Hi ! I 'm Atul. I am PMP certified Piping Engineer with more than 15 Years of experience. Worked in the field of piping design and plant layout for various industries such as refinery, petrochemical & chemical.
Developed passion about Piping while working with national & international engineering consultants on diverse projects involving international clients.
Developed courses on Piping Engineering to share the knowledge gained after working with many industry experts, through out these years.
I genuinely believe it's the best on the market and if you don't agree, I'll happily refund your money.
Sign up to my courses and join me in this amazing adventure today.