Hacking Public Speaking
What you'll learn
- How to Replicate Top TED Talks & Speakers
- Effective Memory Techniques so you Never Go Blank on Stage
- How to Become a Great Storyteller
- How to Add Humor & Up Engagement
- Manage Any Audience & Hold Their Interest
- How to Manage a Fear of Public Speaking
- How to Deliver Better Virtual Presentations
- How to Craft Your Message & Make Boring Content Fun
- How to Bring the Energy Up
- How to Manage Disruptions
- How to Craft a Memorable Story Around Your Product/Service
- Tried and Tested Techniques from Public Speaking's True 10,000 Hour Masters: Stand Up Comedians
- A good sense of humor
Hi, I'm David Nihill. I've spent over 10,000 hours on stage. Here's how I can help you:
I've always been afraid of public speaking but I'm lucky enough to have the option to get paid to do it. Wacky I know. To try and overcome my own fears I spent the last 11 years on every stage I could find. I've won storytelling and standup comedy competitions, have a talk on TED, spoke at many of the world's largest tech and business conferences, recorded a comedy special, and taught this topic at some of the world's leading institutions, like Stanford Business School and University of Oxford. I wrote a bestselling book on the not so sexy subject and run a high level ghostwriting company that's behind many of the world's highest profile leaders talks.
I've applied a lot of what I've learned to help thousands of students manage fear of public speaking, give TED talks, be the one who speaks at conferences on behalf of their company, get promoted, get paid to speak (and get paid more to speak), deliver more engaging lectures, tell better and more impactful stories, and nail that wedding speech, job interview or non profit funding. Everything I learned clocking up over 10,000 hours on stage you'll learn in a fast and fun way. It will save you years of learning the hard way and is the most fun and laugh out loud way to become a better and more engaging public speaker.
What they're saying about it:
“My audiences were engaged, emotional, and laughing out loud. David Nihill is a master.” Blake Irving - Former CEO and Board Director of GoDaddy
“I've given quite a few talks and David's content is the most helpful I've found on becoming a better speaker. Plus it made me laugh out loud!.” Justin Mares - Bestselling Author, Speaker, Founder of Kettle & Fire
“This course is great. I haven’t taken it yet but David drew a picture when he was 6 years old of a penguin drinking beer in a Chinese restaurant and it was clear the potential for slight wisdom and misguided creativity were there.” —Marita Nihill, David’s Mother
Most Presentations Are Glorified Snoozefests! Let's Change That
Aside from making your day a little less fun, boring presentations are also bad for business. Now, more than ever, your message is competing against hungry pets, rambunctious children, and everything happening on Tiktok. The good news: knowing a few techniques will make sure yours are never dull. The even better news: The bar out there is pretty low. No matter what your experience level, you can stand out fast. This course will make sure you do just that and in a fast and fun way, no matter what level you are. This is everything you'll ever need to know about public speaking in one place.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to improve their public speaking slills
- Professionals who want to make their presentations more entertaining
- Marketing and Advertising professionals looking to add humor to their messaging
- Start-Up companies who want to stand out from the crowd
- Entrepreneurs looking to get a competitive advantage
- Sales professionals looking to hone their humor skills
- Anyone who wants to be consistently funnier
- Those who want to overcome a fear of public speaking
- Those interested in stand up comedy
- Those who want to learn a new skill
- Students looking to stand out from their peers through comedy
- Anyone regularly making presentations
- Anyone who wants to improve their storytelling skills
- Keynote Speakers and aspiring keynote speakers
- People of any experience level
David is the author of the best-selling book Do You Talk Funny? and the Founder of FunnyBizz Conference. “One of the best speaking coaches out there” according to Forbes, his program has been featured by Prezi as one of the best training courses for presenters. His book remains one of the highest rated in the world on the (usually not so wildly exciting) topic of public speaking and was listed by Book Authority as "the best public speaking and storytelling book of all time".
David was named one of world's top 30 communications professionals by Global Guru for 2021, and was also named on the Irish America 100 List, which recognises the accomplishments of the best and the brightest Irish-born leaders.
His work has been featured in Inc., Lifehacker, The Huffington Post, Fast Company, Entrepreneur, Forbes, NPR, The Wall Street Journal, The Irish Independent, TV3, Newstalk, TED and The Irish Times. His content has been read by over one million people and his videos have over 50 million views.
A sought after international business speaker, David also performs standup comedy and was the winner of the prestigious 43rd annual San Francisco International Comedy Competition (previous finalists include Robin Williams, Dana Carvey and Ellen DeGeneres). As a storyteller he finished runner up in NPR’s the Moth’s largest US story telling competition. As a lecturer he has taught at Stanford Graduate Business School, UC Berkeley, University of Oxford and University College Dublin.
A graduate of the UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School he calls San Francisco home when immigration officials permit.