5th Grade Math. Working with Fractions.
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn to add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators.
- Learn to multiply fractions.
- Learn to multiply mixed numbers.
- Learn to add and subtract mixed numbers.
- Learn to multiply fractions and whole numbers.
- Learn to convert mixed numbers to improper fractions and vice versa.
- Students must have a basic foundation in math. Preferably up to a 5th grade level.
- Ability to perform Math's four basic operations. (Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying, and Dividing.)
- A Tablet, iPad, Smartphone, or Personal Computer.
- A printer, so follow along worksheets may be printed.
5th grade will be the year of new learning, personal growth, and many tests! Fifth grade students are tested more than any other grade in Elementary School! With physical fitness testing, benchmark testing, science testing, and state testing; there isn’t enough hours in the school day to cover everything. I know this, as I am a former California Public School Teacher.
The two subjects taking most of the day in classrooms across the United States are English and Math, with Math having priority. Teacher’s must stick to a pacing guide, devoting up to 3 hours to Math daily. By doing this, students must understand the material the first time as tomorrow something new will be taught. Shy students, students whom miss school due to illness, and students who need extra time suffer the most!
In this course, we will build math confidence by solving all problems together. Students will also tackle word problems and learn the strategies needed to solve them. With an iPad, tablet, or smartphone, you can learn whenever and wherever you choose! Lesson are aligned to Common Core, and you may find them similar to what your teacher may be currently teaching in the classroom!
Who should enroll in this course?
Parents. Are you coming home after a long day of work, only to begin your second job as a tutor? Are you spending long hours at the dinner table only to be told “that’s not the way my teacher showed me?” Enroll in this course and get back to enjoying your evenings and weekends.
Students. Do you find it difficult to follow along in class, because your teaching is moving through the math lesson too fast? Do you have difficulty raising your hand, being that you’re shy? In this course you’ll be able to rewind, pause, and select the lessons you want to work on!
How is this course structured?
There will be a video lesson, along with a worksheet. Please have the worksheet printed out or saved on your tablet in order to follow along. You have enough on your plate in 5th grade. In this course, there will be no tests, just learning!
- Students entering 5th Grade.
- Advanced students in 4th Grade.
- 6th grade students who would like to build a stronger foundation in math.
- Students whom miss school due to illness.
- Parents seeking extra support at home.