5 Weeks to Mindfulness For People Who Suck at Being Mindful
What you'll learn
- Understand what mindfulness is, how it works and discover tools to use in daily life to become more present, less stressed and happier.
- Become mindful of self limiting beliefs and self-talk.
- Learn how the mind and body are connected and how mindful choices can help optimize your health, experience and performance.
- Mindfulness practices that help with stress reduction, self-esteem, goal setting and relationships.
- No experience with mindfulness is required. Although this is a beginners course, it may be helpful for people who do have a basic understanding of mindfulness but want to hone their skills.
Life seems to be speeding by at an alarming rate. Although we have access to almost everything at the tips of our fingers, the number of people struggling with anxiety and depression is unprecedented. You don’t have to be a guru, monk or meditator to use mindfulness to improve the quality of your life. There are simple tools and tips accessible to us all that will bring more contentment, peace and presence into our lives.
This course will explain what mindfulness is, and give you a good foundation for starting a mindfulness practice in just 5 weeks. You’ll learn to start paying attention to and questioning your thoughts. You’ll learn how the mind and body are interconnected and start making more mindful choices about your health and well-being. You will be able to determine the energy boosters and energy drainers in your life, and you will use being mindful to become a more mindful being.
This course is appropriate for beginners and people who are brand new to the concept of mindfulness, as well as those who have knowledge of mindful living and want to strengthen their practice.
There are practical actionable things we can all do to enjoy life more. We don’t have to feel like we are victims of circumstance. Although we can’t control everything that happens to us, we can control how we perceive things and how we respond.
Who this course is for:
- Do you find yourself living on autopilot? Do you feel like life is happening TO you and not for you? Do you often feel out of control and like a victim of circumstance? If so this course is for you! You will get an understanding of what mindfulness is and how being mindful can positively impact all areas of your life. You will learn simple mindful living tools and practices that will help you be more present, thankful, peaceful and powerful.
- Beginners and those with a foundation in mindfulness will benefit from this course.
Certified Mindfulness Coach and Mindful Living Author Melissa Maxx shares the tips, techniques and practices she learned after living as a hard-partying, hardly sleeping, work addicted, rock radio Disc Jockey and TV Host(Host WBCN Boston, KLOS Los Angeles, The Shark Miami and "Tiny House Builders" on HGTV)in Los Angeles resulted in her physical and emotional break down. Her break down, resulted in a "breaking open" and her re-birth. She knew it was time for a complete lifestyle overhaul, mentally, physically and spiritually.
She traded in her decades long career interviewing celebrities ranging from Ben Affleck to Guns N Roses, in order to study the mind- body connection, health and wellness, mindfulness, mindful living, personal development, self-love and self-care. The result was not only her own personal transformation but her desire to help others get back on track by sharing what she learned.
Her first book ,"Mindfulness for People Who Suck at Being Mindful" was the #1 New kindle release in 5 categories. In it, Maxx presents 6 shifts we all can all use to make mindful choices, find mindful meaning daily, reclaim our power and lead more fulfilling lives. Her first two books in a series of mindfulness books for children, "Magnificent Milly's Magically Mindful Day!" and "Fabulous Freddy's Very Bad Mood" are also available on Amazon.