5 Power Moves for Better Violin Technique
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Left and Right Hand Moves for Better Violin Technique
- How to Practice These Moves
- Downloadable Exercises for Further Study
- A violin, bow, and a non-mechanical pencil
- The desire to learn to play the violin better
- Reading music is highly encouraged but not required
Enrolling in this course is your first step toward a better fundamental violin technique. These five power moves are the foundation of your violin mastery. This course is not meant to replace your existing violin teacher or study. It won't give you Violin Mastery in Two Weeks, or any nonsense like that. You will learn five basic moves that will serve as a foundation for a very solid violin technique that will help you get better and stronger the right way. Ultimately, these moves will help you improve more quickly, but you will still need to practice. Sorry. ;)
This is a deep course with over 90 minutes of lectures. There are three right hand (bow hand) lectures and two left hand lectures, each with accompanying exercises or music via PDF download. You can practice this music and then move on to whatever you want to learn next.
Both beginners and experienced players can benefit from this course. For beginners, the first few power moves will get you started on your way to solid technique. For intermediate and advanced players, the last two power moves will help you develop more advanced techniques, but don't ignore the beginner moves. Everyone can benefit from reviewing the basics.
- Beginner to advanced violin students
- Anyone who wants to learn to play the violin at a high level
There will always be movement when you play the violin, but don't overdo it. More moving parts means more things that can break down and get in the way of good playing.