5-Part Series: Introduction to Meditation
- 32 mins on-demand video
- 15 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Have a deeper understanding of all of the myriad benefits of meditation
- Perform 5 specific beginning meditations
- Gain all of the benefits of a regular meditation practice including more calm mind, peace and serenity of the heart, all of the physical benefits discussed herein
- A place where it is quiet and you won't be disturbed during your meditation
- A place to sit on the floor (on a blanket or cushion) or on a chair with your feet firmly on the floor, a place to lie down if it is difficult to sit
- A printout of the journal to use after your meditations
- Earphones to listen to the audio meditations
Hello and welcome to my 5 Part Series: Introduction to Meditation! No matter what age or from which walk of life, we all have trouble concentrating and are plagued by that never ending conversation going on in our head. Our incessant mind chatter and negative thinking patterns can cause us to have trouble focusing at work or on any project, make us wake up feeling down, depressed, and low energy, and eventually can create serious health problems.
This course is designed to help you find physical, psychological and spiritual happiness and health through the practice of meditation. It is no secret that meditation is changing people's lives. All medical and health journals are promoting it and doctors and health professionals are prescribing it. Anyone of any age will easily understand and benefit from this course. It will gently guide you into a daily meditation practice that will help you find that level of peace and health that you desire.
In my 5 Part Series: Introduction to Meditation, I invite you to:
~watch my 5 informative video lectures.
~read my downloadable manual explaining the basics of meditation and why we do it.
~write and record your meditation experiences in the downloadable Daily Journal I provide you.
~listen to 5 beautiful, original audio meditations that I've created that will guide you into deeper inner awareness, allowing you to reach that state of peace and bliss that exists within you. These audio meditations are yours to keep.
During each of our 5 meditations together, we will be focusing on a different type of practice to let you experience each one. The methods include Visualization Meditation, Mindfulness Meditation, Mantra Meditation, Breathing Meditation and Silent Meditation. After each meditation you can write down your experiences in your journal to be able to see patterns that may develop or notice interesting experiences that you may have. By the end of this course, you'll have a deeper understanding of what meditation is, what it feels like, and what type of practice works best for you. You can stick with one practice for as long as you like, or you can continue to explore the different methods and recordings.
I have created this course to bring this beautiful practice into your life in an approachable and understandable way, and to de-mystify meditation for you. Remember, there are no set rules, no right or wrong in meditation. It is always up to you when, how long and where you meditate, although you may find it beneficial to have a set time every day to develop a good habit.
Meditation allows us to move beyond our seemingly insurmountable everyday problems to a wider perspective. It teaches us that we are in control and that we don't need external influences to help us learn to focus, find inner peace and happiness and heal our minds, bodies, and spirits. When we let go of the limitations that we impose on ourselves, meditation opens us up to the unlimited possibilities available to us. Let these teachings open your heart to your unlimited possibilities and enjoy this journey within!
- Those experiencing a desire to find a deeper relaxation and peace within and need the tools to do it.
- Those who are interested in beginning a meditation practice or who already meditate and would like to learn more
- Course is NOT a substitute for psychotherapy, or medical treatment
- Course does NOT diagnose emotional illness
- Course is NOT a substitute for medical treatment