5 Lessons from World War II & How Europe Changed after 1945
Documentaries often tell us about the wars themselves, but what about the legacy of the war and what lessons can we learn. In this 9 part programme. Historian, Dr Emmett Sullivan takes us through the 5 most significant take aways from World War Two, the lessons we should all know. He finishes with four parts on how Europe, specifically, has changed since the war both economically, politically and socially.
Who this course is for:
- This programme is for everyone interested in learning roe about World War Two and the effects it has had on our society.
- Politicians, historians and economists plus any students of history, economics and politics and international relations.
- 07:45The Dangers of Appeasement and Coalitions of ‘My Enemy’s Enemy’
- 05:00The Need for Planning and Management
- 04:45Control of Resources Meant Control of the War
- 06:56Technology Could Hold the Key … If it is the Appropriate Technology
- 06:14Pursuing a ‘Good War’ Against the Devil ... Can Make You a Devil too
Working with graduates and academics from world leading colleges, we aim to provide a series of exciting, informative and yet approachable courses backed by actual research and based on quality academia.
These courses may act as a bedrock to build from, they may help you decide to undertake a degree or further research, or maybe you just have a general interest in the subject. Either way I hope you can enjoy the courses as much as we have making them.
I set up my London based company, Filmbright, in 2012, to help world leading universities and colleges provide high quality e-learning materials to their students. Since then I have travelled the world making films with top institutions covering topics from business, medicine, history, archeology and law. This series of programmes, on Udemy, are 'niche' products , devised alongside the staff and students I have met along the way.
I have 30 years’ experience in teaching History, Politics & International Relations, and Economics at universities around the world. I have qualifications from Kent, University of London Worldwide, LSE and ANU, and worked at the ANU, La Trobe, Leicester, RHUL and VUW, concentrating on the World Economy, Great Depression, the Cold War and Nuclear Issues.