5 Day Beginner Ballet Pirouette Course
What you'll learn
- Learn how to complete a full pirouette
- Learn the necessary terminology needed for turns in ballet
- Learn the different positions of the feet and arms
- Develop your posture and strengthen your legs and feet
- No experience necessary! Just wear your gym clothes and make sure you have a clear space. Ballet shoes or socks are recommended and avoid a slippery floor. Seek advice from a medical professional if you have any pre-existing injuries or illnesses that could be affected by physical exercise.
This course is designed for complete beginners looking to learn how to do a full pirouette or for improver ballet dancers looking to revise their technique. Over 5 days the course takes you through the necessary terminology, posture, alignment and coordination to complete a perfect single pirouette from 4th position. Every day starts with strengthening exercises at the barre (you can use a chair or countertop), before coming into the centre to gradually build the technique needed for a pirouette.
Each lesson lasts around 15-20 minutes and should be carried out in a clear space, free of potential hazards. Gym clothes are ideal, along with either a pair of ballet shoes or socks and long hair should be tied up. Avoid dancing on a slippery floor and check with a medical professional if you have any existing injuries or health conditions that could be aggravated by a dance lesson. It is recommended to do a short warm-up and gentle stretch before starting the lesson.
The course does not need to be completed in exactly 5 days, so you should feel free to progress at your own pace. For best results, only move on to the next lesson once you feel confident with the exercises you have learnt in previous lessons.
Enjoy yourself and don't forget to leave a review!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner and improver dancers
Kate is a professional ballet dancer and teacher based in London, England with over 10 years of experience working with a variety of different students. She has danced with the English National Ballet, Ballet Zurich, performed at the Royal Opera House and toured internationally for almost 7 years.
Kate speaks English, French and Spanish, has a degree in Modern Languages and is the director of My Ballet Coach.