#5 Bake the Best Bagels
What you'll learn
- Learn how to bake the best bagels!
- Have a better understanding of the types of flour and ingredients that are best for baking bagels with.
- Know how to make egg bagels, water bagels and hybrid bagels (bagels made with both sourdough and commercial yeast).
- Understand different methods for mixing and dough development.
- Have several bagel formulas (recipes) to choose from plus an e-book about sourdough starters and motherdoughs.
- See different types of bagel washes and toppings.
- Learn how easy it is to bake your own handcrafted delicious bagels.
- Know a little bit about the history and fun facts about bagels.
- The basic equipment and how to make your own starter are covered in the course. You will need a kitchen scale that does metric.
Edited: Updated 11/09/2020
This course, "Bake the Best Bagels" will cover several different types of bagels including:
Sourdough Sesame Water Bagels
Sourdough Honey Egg Bagels
Hybrid Onion Poppy Seed Bagels (bagels made with sourdough and commercial yeast)
Sourdough Whole Wheat Cinnamon Bagels
You will learn different methods of making the bagels, including overnight bagels and one day bagels, bagels made with a mixer and bagels made by hand with dough folding.
We will cover bagel water baths and washes as well as different toppings and methods of toppings.
You will also learn how to make your own sourdough starter, easily with a day by day method. Sourdough baking has never been so much fun!
Join me and bake up a batch of the best bagels! You will never again wonder what to make for breakfast or what food is best to take while traveling...bagels, of course!
I've taken most of Teresa's Sourdough classes. Not only are the classes very well taught, the results have been consistently successful and she's extremely responsive to posted questions (a few hours or less). For a new baker these nuances add to my confidence and encourage me to explore new baking territory. I never considered baking bagels until Teresa published her latest video course. I don't think I'll ever purchase bagels again!
This course published Dec 2015
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with a basic understanding of how to use a kitchen and bake should take this course.
- Students who have never used sourdough before will be able understand how to use it by the end of the course and will have made their own sourdough starter.
Teresa loves teaching serious home bakers, how to bake real sourdough bread! She worked at two different bakeries besides baking at home for over 40 years. Eighteen years ago, she built a business (Northwest Sourdough) along with a membership site (The Baking Network) around teaching others how to bake real sourdough at home. She published a four volume book called, "Discovering Sourdough," "Extreme Fermentation" and also, "Make Your Own Sourdough Starter." You can find the live series "Make Your Own Sourdough Starter with Me" on You Tube plus a free downloadable e-book.
Teresa's Facebook group, "Perfect Sourdough" is the largest sourdough bread baking group in the world. She also has other groups, "The Baking Network" and "Bread Bakers and Artisan Baked Goods" for all types of baking. Followers can also join her membership site at "The Baking Network" online.
Her Bread Recipes and Formulas from her books and blog and baking courses have been featured on TV and spread all around the world through online forums, her active Facebook group, Perfect Sourdough, Youtube channel and her site, Northwest Sourdough.
Northwest Sourdough is featured in the resource section of Peter Reinhart's book," Artisan Breads Every Day." Teresa was also one of the photographers for "The Grain Gathering" in it's early years when it was called, "Kneading Conference West." She has been featured in numerous articles, magazines and interviews including Forbes and First for Women. She was selected as one of the top ten Udemy instructors in 2015 and now has thirteen sourdough baking courses on Udemy.
Most of all, Teresa loves to see YOU pull a crispy, crusty, holey sourdough loaf from your own oven. Yes, you can learn to bake the best bread in the world!