5 Amazing Psychology Experiments
- An openness to surprising results from psychological research.
- A motivation to understand the bigger picture by applying individual research findings to a variety of possibilities.
- You don't have to know anything about psychology already.
UPDATE: All videos in this course now come with complete English subtitles.
Join more than 7,000 students learning about interesting research in psychology!
If you've ever wanted an easy way to start learning about psychology, this is the course for you!
In this free course, you'll learn about 5 studies in psychology and see how their results reveal interesting things about human thought and behavior.
The studies in this course reveal…
- how we can persuade someone to do what we want without even providing good reasons
- why praising some kids for their intelligence vs. their hard word dramatically changed their test scores
- why people who held a hot cup of coffee instead of an iced coffee automatically started thinking a stranger was especially generous and caring
- …and more!
Carefully designed experiments tell us a great deal about the choices we make, the ways we behave, and why we think the way we do. I'm a social psychologist myself, and I thought about which studies most interested me early in my education and which studies are my current favorites. I even reached out to my colleagues to ask them what studies have most inspired them and are important for everyone to know about.
So enroll in this fun introductory course and start seeing how simple research in psychology tells us amazing things about human thought and behavior!
This course is a special selection of lectures on experiments in social psychology. For a more advanced course, please check out “Quickly Understand Social Psychology," available here on Udemy.
Who this course is for:
- People whose jobs involve dealing with other people. Retail, service, and customer service workers can benefit from knowing more about human nature.
- Speakers, trainers, and writers who wish to more effectively understand their audiences and how to help them address important problems.
- Coaches and counselors who need to more deeply understand the complexities of their clients.
- People with a desire to more deeply understand psychology.
I'm a social psychologist and host of the Opinion Science podcast. My expertise is in the domain of attitudes and persuasion, but I have extensive experience with all corners of the social psychology world. The research in this field is so interesting that I can't help but want to share it! I look forward to the chance to share the world of social psychology with you.