4D & 5D BIM for Project Controls Managers
What you'll learn
- How to create a 3D model of a RC bridge using Autodesk Infraworks (3D BIM)
- How to execute the quantity takeoff (QTO) using Autodesk Revit and Navisworks (3D BIM)
- How to create the budget at completion (BAC) and the Gantt Chart for the construction of a bridge (4D & 5D BIM)
- How to determine the critical path of the Gantt Chart (4D & 5D BIM)
- How to calculate and interpret the earned value analysis results (4D & 5D BIM)
- A basic knowledge of civil engineering concepts is recommended, especially for the RC structures
Course aimed at civil engineers who want to pursue a career as Project Manager, Project Controls Engineers, Planning Engineers and Cost Controllers. In the 1st part of this course you will learn how to create a 3D model of a concrete bridge using Autodesk Infraworks, how to send it to Autodesk Revit, how to add steel rebars and how to compute quantity takeoff (QTO) through Autodesk Navisworks after the creation of some parameters. In the second part of the course you will learn how to create the BOQ of your bridge and how to manage the construction phases using Autodesk Navisworks, Teamsystem CPM and Microsoft Project, using the earned value technique and the critical path method, techniques by now well recognized and used by certified PMs. The earned value analysis (EVM) and the critical path method (CPM) are indeed two techniques used in the Project Management field and allow you to calculate the performance during the construction phases. A basic knowledge of the WBS meaning and of the civil engineering world is recommended. The course is taught in English language and its made at a slow pace such that everybody can follow the lessons. The teacher is a BIM passionate civil engineer working as Planning and Project Controls Manager with several years of working experience gained abroad within an international EPCM general contractor.
He's able to master the use of budgeting, scheduling, quantity estimating and designing software (Teamsystem CPM, Autodesk Navisworks, MS Project, Primavera P6 and Tilos) and he's passionate about the latest cutting edge technology services including 3D BIM modeling, 4D construction sequencing and 5D cost integration.
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at civil engineers or civil engineering students who want to pursue a career as Project Control Engineer or Project Manager, using the BIM methodology
BIM oriented structural engineer able to master the use of budgeting, scheduling, quantity estimating and designing software, such as Teamsystem CPM, Oracle Primavera, Autodesk Infraworks, Navisworks, Revit and Trimble Tilos. Working experience in the field of major civil infrastructures as Planning/Project Controls Manager and Technical Office Coordinator. I have travelled all around the world to follow the constructions of challenging projects. Passionate about reinforced concrete structures, such as bridges and tunnels.