401 - As a Country Thinks, So It Is
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the concept of Separation of Church and State
- Understand the way philosophy and religion impact various nations
- This is the first course in this series, so there are no pre-requisites.
Welcome to the first lesson in the "Culture: The Bible Applied" series. In this lesson we will be laying the foundation for the rest of the series. We will be examining the controversial phrase "Separation of Church and State". We will be answering three important questions:
- What did this mean to the Founding Fathers?
- What does it mean for us now?
- What would it mean going forward?
These are all very important questions to consider and we hope you will explore them with us. Did the Founding Fathers intend for separation of church and state to be a standard across the nation? Did the Founding Fathers themselves hold to Christian beliefs? Did they intend for religion to be removed from all areas of the public area? What would be the consequences of removing religion from our nation? These issues directly affect how a nation is run and how its people live. We hope that you will gain an understanding how a people thinks and believes affects the future of their nation.
- Those Interested in Understanding the Foundation of the United States
- Those Interested in philosophy, politics, and religion