40 Tips on Making a Great Online Course
- Nothing. This free course is for anyone that wants to teach online.
This is a free course to help you save time and money when creating your online courses. Learn from my mistakes. Creating an online course is easier than you think; in this course I will humbly teach you how to work smarter (not harder) by discussing 40 tips/best practices I have learned the hard way teaching online over the past 12 months.
Topics we will cover include:
- Technology to use to make your online courses
- What should you teach?
- Structure of your courses
- Delivery (how you present/teach)
- Promoting your course
- Customer/student communications (the customer is always right)
- Legal issues (protect your intellectual property)
- What to do if your course isn’t selling
- The easiest way ever to write a book version of your course!
- And much more...
I will be making an annual free course like this one every November that discusses solutions to problems I encountered during my year of creating courses so that you won't have the same issues that I have had (and therefore you can work smarter and not harder).
- Anyone that wants to teach online. You don't have to be a teacher; all of us have at least one skill that we can teach that can enhance the lives of many.
- Thank You Message from Chris
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Please find Attached a PDF of all 40 Tips
- Video Quality Time Saver
- Audio Quality Time Saver
- Computer & Editing Software
- Storage and Backups
- Preparing to Record Your First Course
- Re-recording Beats Over-editing
- What Does My Video Recording Studio Look Like?
- Everyone Has A Skill They Love and Can Teach
- Teach from Your Heart First
- How Do You Know What Course to Teach Next?
- Adding Structure to Sections
- Add (Even More) Exercises
- Slide Structure (Less is More)
- Quality Control
- Course Image, Name and Trailer
- Including Attachments
- Best Udemy Instructor to Use as a Role Model for Course Structure & Consistency
- Use the News
- Edutainment Works
- Best Udemy Instructor to Use as a Role Model for Production Quality and Delivery
- Best Udemy Instructor to Use as Role Model for Creative Genius/Content Delivery
- Less is More in Promotions
- Monthly Promotion Timing
- Be Consistent with Your Promotions
- Advertising Your Course
- Dealing with Negative Customer Reviews
- Automatic (Welcome & Thank You) Messages
- Answering Questions from Students
- Piracy and Monitoring News Stories on Your Courses
- Copyrighting Your Course (Meaning the Content Can’t be Copied…Not the Name)
- Trademarking Your Course Name (Meaning Protecting the Name and Not the Content)
- Teaching on Non-Udemy Platforms: Udemy is Google and Everyone Else is Bing
- What to Do if Your Course Isn’t Selling
- Am I Breaking the Rules?
- Should I Quit My Job and Teach Full Time?
- Time to Market
- The Easiest Way Ever to Write a Book Version of Your Courses!!!!
- It Takes Time…
- Foreign Translation of Courses & Closed Captions
- End Note…
- For Official Udemy Course Creation Advice, Please See the Links in this Lecture
- The Free Sequel to this Course is Out! Access it Here....
Chris has sold more than 1,000,000 of his online business & self improvement courses in 12 languages in 196 countries and his courses have been profiled in Business Insider, NBC, Inc, Forbes, CNN, Entrepreneur & on other business news websites. Chris is the author of the #1 best selling online business course called "An Entire MBA in 1 Course®” & many other courses.
He’s the author of the book "101 Crucial Lessons They Don't Teach You in Business School®," which Business Insider wrote is "the most popular book of 2016." Forbes called this book "1 of 6 books that all entrepreneurs must read right now."
He is the founder & CEO of Haroun Education Ventures, an award winning business school professor, MBA graduate from Columbia University & former Goldman Sachs employee. He has raised/managed over $1bn in his career.
He also has work experience at hedge fund giant Citadel, consulting firm Accenture & several firms that he has started, including an investment firm that had a venture capital investment in Facebook several years before the Facebook IPO.
He is a frequent guest lecturer at several Bay Area MBA schools including Berkeley & Stanford. He also has an undergraduate degree with a major in Management Information Systems & International Business from McGill University where he is a McGill University Dobson Fellow (awarded for his work mentoring students with start up business models).
He has founded several companies & serves on the boards of several Bay Area companies & charities, including The LEMO Foundation & Providing Opportunities for Women. He lives in Hillsborough, California.
According to Business Insider "Haroun is one of the highest rated professors on Udemy, so you can expect to be in good hands through the course of your education."
He is passionate about education as he believes that all problems can be solved via education.