40 Tips on Making a Great Online Course
- Nothing. This free course is for anyone that wants to teach online.
This is a free course to help you save time and money when creating your online courses. Learn from my mistakes. Creating an online course is easier than you think; in this course I will humbly teach you how to work smarter (not harder) by discussing 40 tips/best practices I have learned the hard way teaching online over the past 12 months.
Topics we will cover include:
- Technology to use to make your online courses
- What should you teach?
- Structure of your courses
- Delivery (how you present/teach)
- Promoting your course
- Customer/student communications (the customer is always right)
- Legal issues (protect your intellectual property)
- What to do if your course isn’t selling
- The easiest way ever to write a book version of your course!
- And much more...
I will be making an annual free course like this one every November that discusses solutions to problems I encountered during my year of creating courses so that you won't have the same issues that I have had (and therefore you can work smarter and not harder).
Who this course is for:
- Anyone that wants to teach online. You don't have to be a teacher; all of us have at least one skill that we can teach that can enhance the lives of many.
- 00:02Thank You Message from Chris
- 05:19Introduction and Course Overview
- 00:09Please find Attached a PDF of all 40 Tips
Chris has sold more than 1,000,000 of his online business & self improvement courses in 12 languages in 196 countries and his courses have been profiled in Business Insider, NBC, Inc, Forbes, CNN, Entrepreneur & on other business news websites. Chris is the author of the #1 best selling online business course called "An Entire MBA in 1 Course®” & many other courses.
He’s the author of the book "101 Crucial Lessons They Don't Teach You in Business School®," which Business Insider wrote is "the most popular book of 2016." Forbes called this book "1 of 6 books that all entrepreneurs must read right now."
He is the founder & CEO of Haroun Education Ventures, an award winning business school professor, MBA graduate from Columbia University & former Goldman Sachs employee. He has raised/managed over $1bn in his career.
He also has work experience at hedge fund giant Citadel, consulting firm Accenture & several firms that he has started, including an investment firm that had a venture capital investment in Facebook several years before the Facebook IPO.
He is a frequent guest lecturer at several Bay Area MBA schools including Berkeley & Stanford. He also has an undergraduate degree with a major in Management Information Systems & International Business from McGill University where he is a McGill University Dobson Fellow (awarded for his work mentoring students with start up business models).
He has founded several companies & serves on the boards of several Bay Area companies & charities, including The LEMO Foundation & Providing Opportunities for Women. He lives in Hillsborough, California.
According to Business Insider "Haroun is one of the highest rated professors on Udemy, so you can expect to be in good hands through the course of your education."
He is passionate about education as he believes that all problems can be solved via education.