40 English Idioms You Need To Know
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- At the end of this course, you will be able to understand 40 very common English idioms and be able to remember and use them in your daily life.
- At the end of this course, you will be able to speak with native speakers better.
- At the end of this course, you will be able to better understand English TV shows and movies.
- At the end of this course, you will have learned and you will remember all of these common idioms.
- You should be at least pre-intermediate level in English or higher.
- You should have an interest in learning more English vocabulary.
- You should want to have some fun while learning.
- This course will present 40 very common English idioms in a variety of ways with explanations, situations, and exercises. These idioms are often heard in everyday speech in conversations and in movies and on TV. Learning them will help you understand English more and improve your ability to communicate.
- All of the videos are narrated by me, Joe, a native speaking English teacher with over 20 years of experience of teaching students of all ages and ability levels. The videos also have slides that present the main ideas, questions, and situations, so that you will be able to fully understand the idioms.
- The idioms are presented and then you will be tested to check their understanding and memory. You will be able to pause the videos if needed before your knowledge is checked.
- I have also included some small and useful quizzes throughout the course. These quizzes will help you remember, understand and strengthen your knowledge of the 40 idioms in the course. The quizzes are easy to understand and take, and afterwards you will have full command of these 40 everyday idioms.
- Students who want to improve their understanding of English idioms both for listening and speaking
- Students who want to improve their ability to understand English
- Students who have an interest in improving the English skills.
This short video gives an introduction to who I am, as well as what students can expect in this course.
This short video gives the meanings and examples for the idioms A lemon and Once in a blue moon. There are also some practice activities so students can make sure they learn and remember these idioms.
This short video gives the meanings and examples for the idioms Are You Kidding Me and Add Insult to Injury. There are also some practice activities so students can make sure they learn and remember these idioms.