4-Week Functional Health Transformation
What you'll learn
- "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." - Hippocrates Most of today's chronic diseases are attributed to the Standard American Diet (SAD). Accelerated aging is also a repercussion of the typical American diet. In week 1, creating a food journal for the first seven days of the course will give you a good idea why you might be overweight, are type II diabetic, or have hypertension. The issues with your diet can't be changed until you become aware of what foods are deteriorating your health. Food journals offer a tremendous amount of information concerning your health. Once you're conscious of what you're putting into your body, you'll quickly understand why health issues are becoming a concern in your life.
- Every cell in your body hears your every thought. We become what we think. The second week delves into how beliefs are formed. Only you can change your thoughts. But you have to unravel the "garbage" in your subconscious mind, erase the negative recorded voice you hear, and rewrite your beliefs that will serve your health and every other aspect of your life. There will be a recorded hypnotherapist session introducing you into how a negative body image will make you believe that it's okay to be overweight so that you continue habits to stay in your current unhealthy comfort zone. Changing your negative beliefs that don't serve you for positive beliefs to help transform your life is the only way to make sustainable changes.
- Stress kills! It slowly breaks down your body bit-by-bit each day until one day you realize you have serious health issues that are going to take time and effort to reverse. Almost 300 years ago, Benjamin Franklin coined the phrase, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." And those words ring even louder today. We live in an over-stressed society that robs our bodies of nutrients and cripples our immune systems. The third week will enlighten you on the quiet destruction stress has on our bodies when we enter the fight-or flight response. You'll be armed with a beginner's course to gentle yoga that will teach you to use your breath and body to get out of the stress response and into the relaxation (health) response.
- The forth, and final week, the biggest question I get as a healthy lifestyle TV personality, host for a radio talk show, and public speaker is addressed in a simple demonstration explaining a complex bodily mechanism. By the end of the fourth week, you'll understand why you keep regaining all of your lost weight after each failed diet, why it gets harder to lose weight as you get older, and what needs to be done to drop the extra poundage and keep it off - PERMANENTLY! The 4-Week Functional Health Transformation course is about addressing all of the pillars of sustainable optimal health. Yo-yo dieting will be a thing of the past once you implement what you'll learn in this course. We all want to look aesthetically pleasing and losing the weight is only a derivative of the true benefits coming from creating healthier cells. Our bodies kill and birth 300 billion new cells per day. And each day you have a chance to make those new 300 billion cells healthy or sick. You have a choice every day to become sicker and sicker or healthier and healthier. Only you can make that choice and my 4-Week Functional Health Transformation course is the vehicle to take you there.
- Conventional health advice doesn't work. In fact, sometimes conventional health advice can make your condition worse. Our healthcare system is a business and their priority is not your health. It all evolves around increasing the bottom line. There's no money to be made from healthy people. And there's no money to be made from dead people. So the money comes from sick people. Medications will never cure a disease. They might mask the symptoms of the diseases that will keep you in a sickly phase to continue dumping your hard-earned income into more medications. I wholeheartedly believe there are times medications are essential but not to the extent they are used today. Our current healthcare is based on an outdated physical chemical intervention model. Sadly, doctors are only taught two things in school - prescribe medications and surgery. They need only one nutritional course during their studies while earning their doctrine. Nutrition and lifestyle education are not a part of their curricula. It's like the computer programming acronym, GIGO - Garbage In, Garbage Out. If garbage goes into your body, it's inevitable that garbage will manifest into disease, lethargy, and likely premature death. The 4-Week Functional Health Transformation course brings the Old World health ideologies to the New World with advanced science leading the way to better health. Everything you've learned from your doctors and conventional health books will be challenged. And the only thing you'll need before beginning the 4-Week Functional Health Transformation course is an open mind and willingness to put 100% effort into the homework assignments.
The 4-Week Functional Health Transformation course is designed with proven cutting-edge science leading the way to health. Cursory diet programs to achieve sustainable optimal health have, and always will, fail in the long-term. New concepts are brought to the student that, if applied, have given lasting results. This is not a course for those seeking quick-fix solutions to long-term health issues. it's a course that delves into health issues on a cellular level to deliver lasting health.
Our bodies are homeostasis organisms so when we experience health issues it's our bodies telling us that we are not in balance. Conventional medicine tries to correct the problem. But our bodies are also systemic organisms. So these drugs sometimes mask the current issue only to cause an interruption with the system as a whole, which leads to other health issues - and more drugs.
Cutting-edge science has identified chronic inflammation as the root cause to chronic diseases like cardiovascular disease, heart disease, cancer, type II diabetes, obesity, and more. Trying to treat the health issue on the surface with drugs never cures the disease. The body as a whole needs to be addressed. And that's not how our current drugs work.
So what causes inflammation, which eventually breaks down the body leading to excess weight and other chronic ailments? Our diet is the largest culprit. But stress, toxic chemicals, viruses, and infections are also big players in the release of inflammatory chemicals like tumor necrosis factor- alpha (TNF-a) and interleukin-6 (IL-6). Inflammation makes TNF-a. TNF-a produces the production of fats cells. And fat cells make TNF-a. This all creates a vicious cycle of continual weight gain. The more weight you gain, the more TNF-a is produced, and the more inflammation is created, which makes you gain even more weight.
Obesity is only one disease resulting from chronic inflammation. Besides the diseases from the aforementioned paragraph, hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol), Crohn's Disease, Alzheimer's, fibromyalgia, and many other diseases are also results from chronic inflammation.
The five pillars of health include nutrition, movement, stress management, hormonal balance, and personal beliefs. Neglecting just one pillar will keep you from obtaining sustainable optimal health. In the 4-Week Functional Health Transformation course, you'll learn powerful concepts that have helped some of my clients reverse prediabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, lower inflammatory markers that lead to diseases like heart attacks and strokes, and, of course, lose weight and keep it off.
Who this course is for:
- America's deteriorating health is palpable nonsense! With 7 out of 10 Americans being on at least one prescribed medication, type II diabetes on the rise in biblical proportions (both adults and children), and heart disease being the #1 killer in the United States, it's time to invest in your health. But there is so much information at our fingertips that all we hear is white noise. There's good information out there. There's bad information out there. And there's half-truths out there. So how do you know what is true and will help your condition? If you've tried every diet out there only to gain all of your lost weight, or worse, more weight than before you started the diet, then this course is for you. If you are prediabetic or officially diagnosed as a type II diabetic, then this course is for you. If you have hypercholesterolemia (high cholesterol), or hypertension (high blood pressure), then this course is for you. If you are not willing to implement what you learn and are looking for that magic bullet they've been talking about since the 60s, then this course is not for you. They say, Knowledge is power." I say they're wrong! Knowledge is useless and dies with you unless you use that knowledge. Implementing knowledge is POWER! The results come from the implementation of your newfound knowledge. You'll never get healthier, younger looking, or more energetic if all you do is passively go through the 4-Week Functional Health Transformation course. Being proactive with your health will get your health back on track. The harder you work at attaining health, the healthier you will become.
Armed with a $75,000 finance degree, I set out to make a tsunami in the financial markets. And I did well, which gave me a comfortable lifestyle. Albeit I had an impressive bank account balance, I was struggling with a void in my heart.
Cancer took my mother from me when I was 8 years old. Cancer took my father away, too. But it didn't stop there by taking my baby sister's life as well. Cancer wasn't the only disease to quash my family. My adopted father suffered for decades from type II diabetes complications from neovascular glaucoma, peripheral neuropathy, and an amputation.
I have been a health nut for most of my life and began to notice that most of my friends and family were developing ailments like hypertension and hypercholesterolemia while physically aging quicker than me. I knew that I was, and still am, predisposed to cancer so I started reading anything and everything related to health to be proactive with my vitality. I traded in my bespoke suits and office for sweat clothes and a gym to become a personal trainer, which became the springboard to authoring my Health 101 book titled, Transforming Your Lifestyle One Belief at a Time.
I then became a TV personality for health, a public speaker on the health platform, a host for a radio talk show called Healthy Bodies Talk, a contributor for a national health magazine, and now a health instructor on Udemy. I poured myself into trying to find the answers to lowering my risk from developing today's most common chronic diseases. Conventional medicine has erroneously trained us to believe that genetics dictates our health. In truth, genetics plays about 30% influence on our health, which means that we have about 70% control of our health with the type of lifestyle we choose to live.
I'm a strong advocate for being proactive with health and taking advantage of the 70% control we have on our health. And to do that, I learned to renounce most conventional medicine advice and embrace cutting-edge science. Much of what we have been told by the healthcare system is only half-truths or completely false.
In modern day, we are bombarded by toxic chemicals that our government allows in our food, water, and air; stress; infections; viruses; lack of sleep; and more. These factors accumulate in our systems and eventually our bodies break down often times leading to disease. I have dedicated the past 20 years of my life researching and experimenting new health ideologies and I would love to share what I have learned with those who are willing to think outside of the box and be proactive with their health.