3ds Max Design: Tutorial for Revit Users.
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Render your Revit models in 3ds Max Design producing very high quality photorealistic images of your architectural designs and models
- Familiarity with the windows environment is required to take this course. Students should aready be familiar with Autodesk Revit. Students who are not familiar with Revit should look at the course "Revit Architecure for Beginners" under the Udemy platform.
3ds Max Design for Revit Users is designed as an introductory course for users of Revit who have modelled their architectural designs in Revit and wish to achieve a high end photorealistic render of the model in 3ds Max for presentation to their clients and public.
The course uses the case approach modelling real buildings and show a step by step approach to producing a satisfying photo realistic render. It introduces only those aspects of 3dx Max the student needs to produce a high quality render, saving the student months or even years of struggling to learn all the functionalities of 3dsMax..
In the course, students will cover
Converting Revit files to FBX files
Importing FBX files into 3dsMax
Working with the Material Editor
Differentiating Between Materials and Textures
Using different Map types and Mapping Coordinates
Creating and Applying Materials and Textures
Creating and Positioning Cameras
Placing a model into a photograph (photomontage)
Understanding and Creating Ambient Light
Using Standard Lights and adding lights
Adjusting Shadow Parameters
Achieving Convincing CG Lighting with Global Illumination
Setting up Scenes and Saving Rendered output
Using Rendering Tools Efficiently
Recording Different Scene States
- This is aimed at students who have modelled their buildings in Revit and wish to take advantage of a better and the high end rendering engine in 3ds Max to produce photorealism. The course does not look at architectural modelling in 3dsMax, but imports models already produced in Revit.
- The course does not look at all aspects and functions of 3dsMax but focuses only on those aspects that enables the modeler in Revit to achieve a high end photo realistic render saving months of struggling to learning 3dsMax
3dsMax for Revit Users: The lecture introduces the topic and covers the topics and the approach to learning in this tutorial series.
3dsMax for Revit Users: This tutorial gives a introduction to the instructor - a practicing architect with many years of design experience.
3dsMax for Revit Users:: This is a short self self assessment to ensure that you have the right equipment and skills to take the course.