The Complete Beginner's Guide to Unity for Game Development
- 7 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of this course, you should have a thorough understanding of the Unity Game Engine
- You should understand the principles of the Unity Interface, building terrain and gameplay spaces, lighting, basic scripting, and post processing
- You should understand the basics of debugging your game, as well as learn how to deploy and distribute it.
- A free copy of the Unity game engine, available here - http://unity3d.com/unity/download/
- Autodesk's Maya is strongly recommended - thought not mandatory
In this extensive tutorial series, instructor Alan Thorn takes us through a comprehensive look at the Unity Game Engine. If you've ever been curious about making games, or wondered what Unity has to offer, this course has everything you need to get you started with the engine. Ranging from an overview of the UI, all the way through Terrain, Lighting, Scripting, Post Processing, Debugging, and so much more!
(Students - please look under Section 1 / Lecture 1 downloads for the source files associated with the lesson.)
More about the Instructor:
Alan Thorn is a freelance game developer and author with over 12 years of industry experience. He is the founder of London-based game studio, Wax Lyrical Games, and is the creator of award-winning adventure game Baron Wittard: Nemesis of Ragnarok.
He has worked freelance on over 500 projects worldwide including games, simulators, kiosks and augmented reality software for game studios, museums and theme parks. He has spoken on game development at universities throughout the UK, and is the author of nine books on game development, including Teach Yourself Games Programming, Unity 4 Fundamentals and the highly popular UDK Game Development.
- Complete beginners to making games
- Anyone new to Unity, or for those interested in brushing up their skillset