Introduction to ZBrush for Games and Film
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Navigate through the UI to those palettes/tools they need for production.
- Understand some best practices for production.
- Use many of the tools within ZBrush efficiently.
- Understand and appreciate using a combination of toolsets and shortcuts to achieve final results.
- Access to ZBrush
- An intermediate understanding of 3d modeling
In this Intro to ZBrush course, students will learn better practices for workflows to move a project from A to Z as well as learn how to use a combination of tools within ZBrush to easier create the work needed. We'll investigate how quickly Qmesher can interactively, and on the fly, create proxy/stand-in meshes that will later lead to creating more complex meshes. With GoZ, students can use their particular 3D program to directly export/import their meshes to model with in conjunction with ZBrush to achieve better results. We'll explore using the layers palette when adding in details as well as the deformation palette for easy scaling and mirroring. Other key functionalities within ZBrush are the modify topology palette and, especially useful, the transpose action tools. Both have a great number of features to facilitate our workflow and help speed up the process of production. We'll look to create separate elements in separate Ztools and then merge each mesh into one single scene for a final completed piece.
More about the Instructor:
Having 25 years of experience in the videogame development/entertainment arenas, Stephen is well versed in a variety of programs and production pipelines and strives to work as cleanly and efficiently as possible. He's done pretty much everything, and enjoys getting to share his knowledge and experience in the hopes that he can help students gain a better understanding and appreciation of what 3D computer art (in all its varying forms) has to offer.
- Beginning students who want to have their horizons expanded.
- Anyone ready to dive into digital sculpting for games and film