Introduction to KeyShot for Digital 3d Rendering
- KeyShot's 3d rendering software
- Your own working 3d asset, or the sample provided mesh
In this introductory tutorial, we'll dive into the world of KeyShot. KeyShot is one of the easiest and fastest 3d rendering programs on the market and can help create fantastic renders of your 3d models with just a few button clicks and some basic information. Whether you're an adept professional or a complete novice, this software will have your 3d assets looking amazing in no time. With its great real-time 'drag and drop' ability, you'll be able to apply your 3d model with a variety of photo-real materials within pre-set environments for stunning results!
(Students - please look under Section 1 / Lecture 1 downloads for the source files associated with the lesson.)
More about the Instructor:
Stephen Wells is an expert 3D modeler for characters, props, vehicles, weapons and environments and have created both high and low polygon assets for game productions. He has over 20 years experience in creating a variety of game assets for several different genres (fantasy, sci-fi, combat, superheroes, horror, etc) using 3ds Max, Maya, Photoshop, ZBrush, Mudbox, Topogun, and xNormal. As an enthusiastic instructor, he loves creating video tutorials on a wide variety of subjects to help students better their skillsets.
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate-to-Advanced 3d artists who want to showcase their assets
- This course is not intended for complete beginners. Students should have an understanding of general 3d applications and terms.
- 13:18Intro to Keyshot's UI
- 12:21Intro to Keyshot's Materials
- 15:32Importing an FBX and adding Materials
- 15:29Cont'd Materials and Emissives
- 12:29Rendering in Keyshot
3dmotive is High Quality 3d and Game Art Training by Industry Pros! Whether you are brand new to the world of Game Art, 3d, Architecture or Film - or maybe just interested in brushing up your techniques for intermediate or advanced levels of 3d with a focus on video games, 3dmotive is your one-stop-shop for all your 3d and Game Art related tutorials! Got questions? Interested in a new course topic? Let us know!