Baking Normal and AO Maps for Games with 3ds Max
- 41 mins on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn to bake flawless normal maps and ambient occlusion maps
- Learn tips and tricks to speed up your rendering pipeline and methods for baking high-to-low meshes
- Autodesk's 3ds Max - but many of the course principles apply to other 3d packages as well
In this tutorial we’ll show you all the necessary tips and tricks when baking Normal and Ambient Occlusion maps in 3ds Max, as well as explain the ins and outs of how to get perfect bakes from a high res mesh down to a game-ready low res mesh.
About the Instructor:
Alec Moody has been working in the game industry since 2003 and has contributed to numerous titles as a freelance artist. He holds a B.F.A. in photography from the Savannah College of Art and Design and Co-owns Handplane 3d LLC.
- Intermediate to advanced students interested in learning the tips to render flawless normal and AO maps