Advanced Texturing / Mesh Painting for Games in Unreal
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn to use UDK's Mesh Painting tools to paint advanced materials directly onto your game assets
- Learn to create blend maps and shaders that add to existing materials on your world objects
- Photoshop or a similar image editing software
- The UDK Game Engine
This tutorial takes an advanced look at UDK’s mesh painting features for game art (often called vertex painting). We’ll go in-depth on how to create several advanced blending materials such as snow icing over stones, puddles that react to light, and cracked and weathered concrete.
About the Instructor:
Ryan Smith is a Technical Artist at Gearbox Software, who specializes in technical art and visual effects. With over 10 years experience working with the Unreal Engine, he is highly proficient with 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, and Zbrush. His specialties also include Shader Authoring, Visual Effects, Technical Art, MAXScript, and Optimizing Workflows.
- Advanced students who have a strong understanding of materials and the UDK game engine