Fashion Design: Sketch in 3D using Marvelous Designer
What you'll learn
- Edit Patterns
- Sew Garments
- Sew using the Free Hand Tool
- Add Textures
- Use Cut and Sew to add details like Hem lines and Seams
- Copy, Paste and Symmetric Tools for Editing Garment Patterns
- Add Quality Details using Particle Distance
- Export your Garment PNG images
- Animate your Clothing
- Create a Pant
- Create a Shirt
- You will need: Marvelous Designer, PC / Mac , Mouse and Keyboard.
- A FREE 30 day trial of Marvelous Designer can be downloaded at marvelousdesigner.com.
This course is about being able to turn a flat drawing or sketch into real looking clothing using 3D software. You will get lectures that cover tool and concepts along with Marvelous designer files of the final output and textures used. I would however recommend to look around the web for your own textures for more creativity. This course is broken down into two projects. The first which is designing a Shirt will focus on using each tool and each video is dedicated just for that so that it is easier to reference if needed. The Second Project is the Pants. This project is broken into three separate videos. Third area of focus will cover animating your garment, import your own avatar, learning more about textures and exporting your garment images.
Note: This course uses MD 5 ( Marvelous Designer 5 ) The Overall workflow is the same. Great video for getting started with using any marvelous designer version.
By taking this course will be learning about a tool that covers more than just fashion but it open up other industries like game and movies. You will be learning a skill where you can either save money for your fashion company or provide 3D clothing for your game characters.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for Fashion Designers who would like to save time and money making their samples. It allows them to give their pattern maker a clear picture of what their sample should look like.
- This course is for 3D/CG Artists who would like to make 3D clothing for their characters. This course will not teach you how to convert 3D garments into OBJs for use in other 3D packages.
I am a 3D / Game Designer / Graphic Artist. I started using 3D back in 2004. I now focus most of my time on helping others start businesses and encouraging them to learn about unique ways to either save money or present their brand.
I went to school for Game Design but was introduced to Fashion through my wife who is a fashion illustrator and production manager. I gained lots of knowledge by being so close to that industry, thus allowing me to freelance for many clothing brands from Los Angeles to Atlanta. I became so interested in it, I even took sewing classes!
My goal has always been to inspire others to achieve more, to learn more and to grow. So lets grow together!
Be sure to check out my Podcast on : IndieGameHustle main site.
Please check the YouTube link above for the latest announcements and events.
Be sure to reach out any time via youtube or discord.