3D Printing Workshop. How to use and maintain a 3D Printer.
- Have the passion to make things with 3D Printers and 3D Printing technology
Welcome to the 3D Printing Workshop! We are going to take you on a hands-on journey into the exciting technology that is 3D printing. I have personally spent the past 12 months immersing myself into everything to do with 3D printing. I'm going to try and share the best of what I have learned along the way with you. Let's take a look at the course goals and structure.
- Anyone who wants to get started with 3D Printing.
- Different 3D Printing Technologies03:52
- Manufacturing Processes04:33
- Where does FDM 3D Printing fit with with you, the Maker?00:57
- 3D Printer Hardware14:04
- Workflow of 3D Printing: Taking Files From a 3D Model to Printer Code02:39
- Printer Install and General Overview of a Print Slicer07:59
- Model Manipulation04:15
- Advanced Settings in Cura08:30
- Printer Preperation08:18
- Removing a Print From the Bed & Print Results05:22
- ABS Overview02:02
- PLA Overview02:04
- Overhangs and Supports12:45
- Mechanical Maintenance04:51
- Printing Replacement Parts04:55
- Additional Resources and Where To Next?04:18
I'm Graham - the founder of Core Electronics. I have been learning, educating and making for over 15 years. Twelve of those were as an Avionics Technician in the Royal Australian Air Force, maintaining fighter jets and in deeper level maintenance workshops. A technically demanding job with broad exposure to many facets of electronics, which led to mentoring and educating others as a senior technician.
During that time (in 2007) I founded "Core Electronics" in Australia which has evolved to become a leading retailer for maker electronics and educational resource for tens of thousands of makers.
In 2016 we launched "Knowledge Factory" in Newcastle (Australia) - a space where we hold free community workshops to walk people over the hurdles with maker tech such as Arduino, 3D Printing and Raspberry Pi. Wonderful!
At every leg of my journey, I've been compelled to learn new skills and help others with their projects. We're now on Udemy and we look forward to helping so many others around the world.