3D Printing - in a Nutshell
- Student must know to use PC, internet.
- Must have access to FDM based 3D printer.
This course as an aid for anyone who is interested in 3d printing, wants to take it up but is not sure where to start. It is also useful for students who have 3D printing as part of their curriculum.
This course will enable you to -
1. Understand what is 3D printing, types of 3D printers as well as pros and cons of 3D printing.
2. You will be able to practice printing 3D objects with a FDM printer using the stl files given in the resources.
3. You will be able to do simple 3D designs using OpenSCAD software.
4. You will be able to practice using android app Scann3d to scan and create 3D models.
5. You will be able to create 3D artifacts using 3D pens.
6. You will know about useful websites for POD and file-sharing of 3D designs.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in 3D printing and does not know where to start.
- Useful for persons who want to take up 3D printing as a hobby or part time occupation.
- Also useful for architecture/engineering students who have 3D printing as a part of their syllabus.
- 02:24About this course
- 03:12About me
- 07:09Introduction to 3D printing
- 2 questionsQuiz - Introduction to 3D printing
- 02:48Pros and cons of 3D printing
- 2 questionsQuiz 2
I believe learning is a lifelong process and we should share our learning. I love teaching and have been teaching/guiding my kids, classmates, colleagues whenever I could. Have a varied experience of over 15 years in corporate world and over 5 years in entrepreneurial ventures. Now I am in the process of stepping into the educational world and make a career out of my hobby of learning and coaching. I am Civil engineer by education and later moved into IT and have been in IT for over 20 years. Currently I am pursuing the exciting new field of 3D printing and developing my expertise in the same.