3D Printing and Tinkercad Crash Course
What you'll learn
- Basics of 3D Prininting and Tinkercad
- An Overview of how 3D Printers work
- Recommended 3D Printer Options
- Filament Types with their strengths and weaknesses
- Where to Find Free Print Models, and some services you can use to order prints if you do not have your own printer.
- How To Setup and Use Basic Tinkercad to design your own custom prints
- Advanced Tinkercad Methods
- How to prepare your files for printing
- How to measure an existing object and recreate it in Tinkercad (Light Switch Cover Example)
- No requirements
Hello and thank you for checking out my tutorial on 3D Printing and using Tinkercad!
My name is Michael Andrew and I have been a 3D printer for over 8 years and love it! I currently own a Prusa i3 mk3s and Makerbot Replictator 2x, and use them regularly, about 4-5 times a week. I print in all kinds of materials, but usually PLA, ABS, and PETG.
As an instructor, I have also taught many of my friends, clients, and relatives as well as their children how to use a 3D printer to create their own designs.
I can promise, once you learn the basics, it will change how you think in the best of ways! I am amazed at how natural and creative children are especially. I use my 3D printer to make money, and have paid for my printers many times over. I even have a utility patent for one of my 3D printed inventions and it all started with just being a little curious to start.
Because this is my first course on 3D Printing, I would love to hear your feedback about what I can do to improve the course and make it easier to understand. Are you ready to get started?
Welcome to the whole new world of 3D printing and design with Tinkercad!
PS- Thank you again
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning about 3D Printing & Designing With Tinkercad
Michael the Maven (Michael Andrew) is an American photographer and photography instructor and specializes in photography instruction for beginners. He has a Youtube Photography Channel under the name of Michael The Mentor which has over 180,000 subscribers and 16,000,000 views. His "Epic Shootout" videos compare competing cameras abilities, informing buyers which is best for them.
Michael has been a professional portrait and wedding photographer for over 11 years, with his work appearing on multiple occasions in Alabama Weddings Magazine, including the cover. He has also won many awards for his teaching on the university level, in the field of Biology. Michael combines his expertise of instruction with his knowledge of photography to simplify the learning process for beginning and intermediate photographers.
Michael has produced nearly 50 instructional DVDs on a range of photography topics, including Canon, Nikon, Panasonic and Sony cameras, as well as advanced topics including Lighting, Flash, Advanced Techniques, and Busness Courses.