What you'll learn
- 3D Modeling using Blender, a free and open source modeling and animation package
- Hard surface modeling techniques and how to approach different challenges
- Using modifiers for a more efficient and advanced workflow
- Create clean topology for effective modeling and perfect results
- Fully compatible with the latest versions of Blender, from 2.9x through 3.2x
- Basic knowledge of Blender 2.9 or newer is recommended
Whether you're newer to 3D or just looking for a fun project in Blender, modeling acoustic guitars is always enjoyable and presents a lot of great hard surface modeling challenges and opportunities to learn.
In this course I'll be taking you through the entire creation process, start to finish. You'll learn the whole workflow for creating a detailed 3D model, starting from setting up background images to use as references. Then we'll create each part of the model step by step, using smart workflows to achieve good topology and perfect shapes. You'll also learn how to use many different "modifiers" in Blender that help speed up your workflow and make modeling much more efficient and effective.
The narration for these videos is real-time so I'll be talking to you as I'm guiding you through every step, and I'll be explaining why I'm doing everything I'm doing so that you gain a deeper understanding of the entire process. There is also a hotkey display at the bottom of the videos, and I say the hotkeys as I'm using them as well, so you'll always know what I'm doing as I take you through the steps at a steady pace.
If you have any questions about the course along the way, or even if you just want to share your progress, there's a Q&A section beneath every lecture. I hope you enjoy the course!
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring artists looking for a fun project to learn 3d or to take their 3D skills further
I run the Blender training website CG Masters. I have over 20 years of experience working with all different aspects of 3d art and animation. I've worked at the Blender Institute, and I've had my work and tutorials featured in many publications such as the magazine 3D World. I love Blender and I love teaching people how to use it.
CG Masters is a training platform for everything related to Blender with instructors that have over 20 years of experience using Blender. We offer the best and most comprehensive Blender courses out there on all topics including 3D modeling, character creation, procedural texturing, hard surface modeling, python, rigging, and animation.