3D Modeling in Blender 2.8 for Unity Video Game Developers
What you'll learn
- 3D modeling in Blender 2.8
- Simple low-poly props
- Tools, Shortcuts, Tips & Tricks
- Students must know their way around the computer
- Students should want to make models for video game design
- 3 Button mouse with Scrollwheel highly recommended
- Full computer keyboard with Numeric Keypad highly recommended
In this course, students will learn the basic core components of building 3D models using Blender 2.8 and Unity 2018.2. The lessons contained within the course allow the student to gradually learn important tools used for everyday modeling, while providing simple objects to practice on which give the tools more meaning through practical hands on experience.
As the course progresses, you'll be introduced to new tools, and then given the task of creating a simple prop that makes use of the new information you have acquired while continuing to reinforce previously learned material all along the journey.
By the end of this course, you should be able to construct basic 3D props for your Unity Prototype Games. With enough practice and experience, you'll be well on your way to publishing your first game.
Who this course is for:
- New Blender users with no experience in 3D modeling
- Experienced Blender users who are new to Blender 2.8
- Experienced modelers who are proficient in other software, but curious about the new Blender 2.8.
I started on my creative journey about 40 years ago as a musician. Through the decades, I have picked up a wide variety of skills, with over 20 years as an accomplished website developer, programmer, graphics artist, photographer, journalist, published author, video game developer, 3D modeler and animator!
I have done lots of work for a wide variety of business over the years. In the last decade, I have taken to Unity for game development with six games published on Steam so far. I'm very excited to be a full time game developer, and equally pleased to pass down some of my knowledge to you!
My friends describe me as a highly driven individual with a wide range of skills, capable of doing anything. I describe myself as curious, intuitive and above all.. honest.