- 11 hours on-demand video
- 513 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Play using both fingerstyle and strumming.
- Learn left hand and right hand techniques.
- Know how to practice and develop a daily warmup.
- A ukulele, access to a tuner and a desire to learn.
- No need to be able to read music.
Learn to play both left hand and right hand techniques on the ukulele for fingerstyle and strumming methods.
This course is appropriate for all levels. If you are an absolute beginner, then this course will show the basics. If you are more advanced then you can use this course to improve your technique and/or as part of your daily warm-up/practice.
There is no need to be able to read music or even have picked up a ukulele. All you need is a ukulele, access to a tuner and a desire to learn.
This course will start right at the beginning - showing you: what the different parts of the ukulele are, how to tune the ukulele and how to use the resources for this course.
We will then move on to a daily practice where you will learn a new technique and practice of previous techniques.
There are four different kinds of exercises included in this course:
- Right hand fingerstyle exercises – from a simple exercise playing just the thumb on each string to learning rolls.
- Left hand individual note exercises – from learning to place the fingers in the right place to string cross up and down the string.
- Right hand strumming exercises – from a simple down strum to learning patterns.
- Left hand chord exercises – from learning chord shapes to moveable chord patterns.
The practice lessons will be at 3 different speeds – 80bpm, 100pbm and 120bpm – allowing you to practice at a pace that is good for you.
Resources at each stage will include easy-to-read diagrams, tablature (TAB), charts and mp3 playalongs for your own practice.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to play the ukulele - fingerstyle and strumming.
Introduction to the 'Getting Started' section. This lesson gives an overview of the 'Getting Started' section.
Demo for right hand fingerstyle exercise 1 - thumb on all 4 strings.
Practice at 80bpm for right hand fingerstyle exercise 1 - thumb on all 4 strings.
Demo for left hand individual notes exercise 2 - adjacent pairs on 1st string 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 and updown.
Demo for right hand strumming exercise 2 - up strum with index finger.