#3 Proverbs - Learn The Skill of Finding Themes in Proverbs
What you'll learn
- LEARN wonderful skills to find themes in a passage
- ACQUIRE a great method to study the Bible and or any books
- USE free resources on the net to study the Bible
- KNOW that studying the Bible is a lot of fun
- HAVE great understanding of poetic phrases in Proverbs
- LOOK for words that keep repeating
- DIG into the original Hebrew meanings
- HAVE great fun learning some Hebrew words
- It is helpful if students follow the entire series. Since this is series #3, they can also take series #1 and #2 to build on good founcations.
#3 Proverbs: How To Look For Themes in Proverbs?
In my teaching experience, I find that students need an approach or a method to be able to find themes, whether in a book, a passage, or in the Bible quickly.
Our concentration span is very little, therefore we need some quick ways to help us stay focused and motivated!
In this course, I will introduce a fun way of color coding to help students stay motivated in all their readings.
Using my Color coding method:
They will be able to acquire a great Bible skill to find themes in Proverbs
They will be able to know what clues to look for reading poetry
They will be able to know how to divide sections in Proverbs
I will give a demonstration using Proverbs 1:1-10 throughout the entire course
By following exactly what I do to this passage, students will be able to go away to use these skills and methods to study any passage in the Bible.
There are 5 Parts in this course
Part 1: Parables - Poetry
1: Get Familiar to Proverbs 1:1-10
2: Know how to pick up clues from poetic lines
3: Divide Proverbs 1:1-10 into 2 sections
Part 2: Pay Attention to Verbs - Actions
4: Acquire this Skill of Color Coding your Bible - Use colored pencils
5. Apply this skill into action verbs in Proverbs 1:1-10
Part 3: Pay Attention to Repeated Words for Themes
6. Learn How To Look for Repeated words in Proverbs 1:1-10
Part 4: Look up the Original Hebrew Word
7. "Instruction" - Instruction – מוּסָר H4148 - Look up Hebrew Lexicon
8. Demo of How to Use Biblehub. com
9. "Instruction" – מוּסָר H4148 - 4 Examples from Proverbs
Part 5: Life Application
10. Life Application
In each part, I will give a thorough demonstration of a method that I use to study Proverbs.
Who this course is for:
- Students who need motivation in life
- Students who need to develop self confidence by being a wise person
- Students who need to know how to make decisions in life
- Students who want to learn how to study the Bible in a fun way
- Students who want to learn skills to develop their understanding of Bible passages
Rosa is the Pastor and Church Pianist for a local community church in Hong Kong for over 30 years. She graduated from University of British Columbia and received her teaching certificate specializing in Chemistry and teaching English as a second language. She taught public schools in Canada for a couple of years and then went on to receive her Master's degree in Christian Theological Ministry at Ontario Theological Seminary in Toronto. She started full time ministry with her husband in 1989 and received intensive Pastoral Counselling and Discipleship Training at Christian Disciples Church. They were ordained to become church ministers as Pastors in 1996 in a local church in Tsuen Wan and have been ministering to this same congregation for more than 20 years now.
Over the years, she has gone on church missions to Mongolia, Sydney, Nepal, India and expedition trips to the Holy Lands: Israel, Greece and Turkey. Wherever she went, she found herself taking up the music ministry and became the church pianist for that church.
Many people at church have asked her to teach them to play piano. As a result of her passion in playing piano, she started developing piano courses initially for church pianists online since 2008. The piano courses are very unique because she was finally willing to share her Unique Piano Method: Color Chord Improvisation Method known as CCI. The CCI method works for all types of music: Gospel, Pop and Standards.
This Piano Method is easy, fun and creative that you learn to play piano not only from music score sheets, but to play chords from fake books and eventually to play by ear. Students all over the world have requested for courses to teach them play standards and popular songs. As a result she developed 3 Great Reharmonization Method courses for them to play from fake books and play by ear. The Dreamy Piano Techniques courses, especially the one on Autumn Leaves is her students favorite. She has a piano website at Learn Piano With Rosa where she continues to offer new courses to her students. She also holds piano workshops for her local students and train church pianists.
With her education and expertise in teaching, her students love her piano courses and found her piano lessons extremely easy and fun to play piano. They are highly motivated to play piano and playing piano had never been more fun and satisfying for them. You can read their testimonies on her website.
She is now an instructor at Udemy. Come and join her hundreds of students to play piano in a fun and creative way.