3 Minute German - Course 1 | Language lessons for beginners
What you'll learn
- Speak German confidently and comfortably in everyday situations
- Understand what's being said back to you
- Be more than just an average tourist when travelling to German speaking countries
- Go from complete beginner to building your own sentences after the very first lesson
- Build a solid base vocabulary of words and phrases you can use straight away in the real world
- Understand and use grammatical and linguistic features of the German language with ease
- Understand the structure of the German language
- Give your opinions in German
- Give descriptions of things in German
- Greet the locals when you are in a German speaking country
- Order food and drinks in German
- Get to grips with German pronunciation
- The good thing about this course is that it is taught under the assumption that you know no German and nothing about languages
- Everything is explained clearly and thoroughly without the use of confusing terminology
Hallo und wilkommen :-)
(Hello and welcome)
There is nothing more thrilling than being able to speak to the locals in their own language when you visit a foreign country. Well, now you can experience that amazing feeling too!
My name is Kieran Ball and I’ve been teaching foreign languages in my hometown for over fifteen years. I love languages, I love learning and I love teaching. I also love chocolate, but this isn’t really the place to discuss my chocoholism!
I created 3 Minute German as a way to make learning German easier than ever before and accessible to anybody, especially people who have tried and failed in the past. My course is perfect for the complete beginner as I break down the German language into tiny chunks that I show you how to build back together again in a logical, simple to understand way. You can go from knowing no German at all to putting together your own sentences in just a few minutes. Watch the free preview lessons below and you’ll see what I mean.
TRY THE FREE PREVIEW LESSONS
I really want everybody to see that they can learn to speak German, so I’ve turned the first fifteen videos of this course into free previews, meaning you can watch them without even signing up. If nothing else, I just want you to see how easy it is to learn German.
HOW DOES 3 MINUTE GERMAN WORK?
As the name suggests, each lesson in this course lasts just three minutes (more or less!). In each lesson, you learn a tiny chunk of German that you can use to build sentences. As you work through the course, you learn more and more little chunks and your sentences will gradually get longer and longer.
The chunks that you learn in the first lessons are carried through to the last lessons. This means you don’t have to worry about trying to remember everything; you will get so much opportunity for practice that you will find the words and phrases just sink into your brain.
The lessons in this course are focused, practical and effective, and you will build language skills that you can use straight away in real-world situations. You will be able to speak German comfortably and with confidence whenever you’re in a German speaking country.
WHY 3 MINUTES?
When you begin learning something new, you tend to start off with lots of excitement and motivation. You might spend a few hours on the first day learning, but then the next day, you can only manage one hour, and then that goes down to half an hour, and then you get bored and you give up. Well, the reason behind the very short lessons is that it helps you to stay motivated and it also enhances the learning process.
By keeping your learning to short chunks, you will find three wonderful things start to happen:
1. You will maintain enthusiasm
If you want to learn anything, you have to maintain enthusiasm or else you won’t continue. If you limit your study time to just three minutes, you’ll keep German fresh and exciting and you’ll be eager to learn. If you spend hours studying, very quickly you’ll get bored with German and it’ll turn into a chore.
2. You will study more consistently
It’s much better to study for just three minutes once a day than to study for three hours once a week. A spare three minutes is relatively easy to find even in the most hectic of schedules. If you make sure you complete at least one three-minute study session every day, it’ll quickly become a habit that you’ll do without thinking. It’s much easier to fit in a daily three-minute habit than a weekly one-hour habit. By doing this, you’ll become a much more consistent learner, and consistency is the key to success.
3. You will remember things better
This is my favourite reason as to why you should limit your study to just three-minute chunks. If you study something for just three minutes every day, you’ll trick your brain into memorising the information more quickly than if it were to see the information for hours each day. It’ll think, “I see this information every day so it must be important, but I don’t see it for very long, so I’d better hold onto it and make it into a memory fast!” You’ll be amazed at how much more easily things tend to stay in your brain if you limit yourself to just three minutes a day.
So, that’s why I keep the lessons to just three minutes.
A METHOD THAT REALLY WORKS
I can’t quite believe it, but over 130,000 people in more than 200 countries have now used 3 Minute Languages to learn to speak a foreign language. It still amazes me when I get an email from somebody on the other side of the world telling me how much they have enjoyed learning German with me. Apart from the thrill it gives me to find out people are listening to my voice in places like Mongolia, Peru and even Fiji, it also confirms to me that the 3 Minute Languages courses work.
So, if you want a course that teaches you to speak German you can use in everyday situations using a simple and fun method, then sign up to 3 Minute German today.
Who this course is for:
- You really want to learn to speak German in a very simple and very quick way
- You are going to spend a holiday/vacation in Germany or another German speaking country
- You have failed to learn German in the past, but really want to give it one more go
- You have no experience with German, but you would like to learn fast
- You have always wanted to learn a new language, but you are very busy and can never find the time
Hello, bonjour, hola, hallo, ciao and olá!
I’m Kieran and I’m a language tutor based in the UK, and I also create online courses and write books to make language learning accessible to all.
My books and online courses are based on the methodology I developed for teaching languages, which I've been using in all my classes for many years. The methodology will get you speaking quickly, without the struggle normally associated with language learning.
I have created three series of language courses available in French, Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese. They're called: '3 Minute Languages', 'Building Structures' and 'Quick Guides'.
I hope you enjoy, and "Happy Learning" :-)