3 Minute French - Free taster course | Lessons for beginners
- The good thing about this course is that it is taught under the assumption that you know no French and nothing about languages
- Everything is explained clearly and thoroughly without the use of confusing terminology
Bonjour! Hello and welcome to 3 Minute French :-)
3 Minute French is a collection of online lessons that helps the complete beginner learn to speak French in simple, bite-sized chunks.
The lessons start off by giving you a few words that you can use to build your own sentences. For example, in lesson one, you'll learn these words and phrases:
bon - good
c'est - it is
fantastique - fantastic
ici - here
très - very
ce n'est pas - it isn't
With those words, you can build sentences like these:
It's very good here.
It isn't here.
It isn't good; it's fantastic!
(See if you can translate those five sentences above into French just by using those words and phrases.)
The lessons continuously build on what you've been learning, enabling you to express yourself fluently in French. As you move through the course, you'll pick up new vocabulary, useful grammar points and interesting ways to look at the structure of the French language that will give you plenty of "Aha!" moments.
The reason it's called "3 Minute French" is because the lessons are broken down into very short, three-minute chunks. Everybody, no matter how busy you are, has time to fit in a single three-minute lesson once a day, and in fact, by keeping learning to such short chunks, you'll reap huge benefits. Short but consistent daily lessons are more effective than a longer lesson once or twice a week, because you'll find you maintain enthusiasm, develop a learning habit and you'll also memorise everything much better.
If you've never learnt French before, or if you have had a bad experience with learning this beautiful language, the 3 Minute French lessons will help you to succeed.
Who this course is for:
- You really want to learn to speak French in a very simple and very quick way
- You are going to spend a holiday/vacation in France or another French speaking country
- You have failed to learn French in the past, but really want to give it one more go
- You have no experience with French, but you would like to learn fast
- You have always wanted to learn a new language, but you are very busy and can never find the time
Hello, bonjour, hola, hallo, ciao and olá!
I’m Kieran and I’m a language tutor based in the UK, and I also create online courses and write books to make language learning accessible to all.
My books and online courses are based on the methodology I developed for teaching languages, which I've been using in all my classes for many years. The methodology will get you speaking quickly, without the struggle normally associated with language learning.
I have created three series of language courses available in French, Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese. They're called: '3 Minute Languages', 'Building Structures' and 'Quick Guides'.
I hope you enjoy, and "Happy Learning" :-)