3 Heroic Kundalini Journeys, with Jung on Yoga
What you'll learn
- Specific exercises over three 1-hour "heroic yoga" sets.
- Practice with over three-dozen yoga exercises.
- How to bring the power of narrative into yoga (or other exercise routines).
- Insight into the 3-fold nature of energy work.
- For yoga practitioners, how to integrate some elements of qigong into yoga sessions.
- Students can repeat the sessions as often as they like.
- Key ideas from Dr. Carl Jung's exploration of kundalini and tantric yoga.
- A comfortable yoga mat, light exercise clothing, and a quiet space to work out.
- Some water and a tissue or hand towel.
- A decent sound system so you can clearly hear the instruction and enjoy the music.
- A large or crisp video screen to see the instructor’s demonstration.
- Sufficient flexibility and stamina to complete 1 hour of light to moderate exercise.
- Ideally, a print out of the lyrics sheet to follow along with the chants.
People tend to learn best by “doing” in a meaningful way. That means personal experience and compelling stories. What better way, then, to bring success into your life, by tapping the power of yoga to act out a hero’s journey!
This course offers three 1-hour yoga sessions: You are the hero acting out three empowering steps in a legendary story arc. The sessions are mostly based on kundalini yoga mixed with some qigong-inspired kriya in the second session. Together, the sessions capture the spirits of sun, moon, and stars, and they open the three vital energy channels: ida, pingala, and sushumna.
Act/Session #1, "Over Mountains and Seas", flexes and prepares your whole body. After tuning in and preparing to travel, you will catch your direction, go far with focus to your destination, and learn to work with current and wind (for when you get stuck). Finally, you arrive at your new location, and can rest and give thanks.
Act/Session #2, “Flow of the Spirit Warrior”, evokes a solar or masculine energy. After tuning in and preparing to move, you will activate your resources, find peace and power (in the eye of the storm), and stretch to handle a lot of complexity. Ultimately, you are victorious in the heart of the matter, and can rest and give thanks.
Act/Session #3, “Calm and Joyful Service”, evokes a lunar or feminine energy. After tuning in and getting comfortable into the space, you will find balance, eliminate hidden stressors (tension, confusion, and frustration), dance to the music (with the whole body), and experience the power of service. This ends with rest and thanksgiving.
You can complete these sessions by doing 1/day, 3 days in a row, or every-other day in a week, several weeks in a row, or pack them in back-to-back with breaks to make a long morning, afternoon or evening workshop for yourself or your group.
If you are new to doing yoga, this course is for you. No prior experience is needed.
After the yoga sets are 8 lectures that highlight the interests and insights of the famous Dr. Carl G. Jung. Little do many know: Jung traveled India, spoke with yogis, and studied yoga. He spoke on kundalini, and this course touches on 6 key concepts from his work that relate to yoga.
If you are a regular student of kundalini yoga, you will find a lot of familiar kriyas plus some new exercises put together in a little bit of a different way. Students of other yoga traditions will get a fresh experience. And for students of qigong, the second session here mixes in some familiar moves, slightly adjusted to the kundalini yoga style.
Finally, for yoga teachers, this course acts as an example of how you can put together your own "hero’s journey" sets. By following the classic principles of narrative, you can help your students get even closer to fulfilling their potential.
Of course, you can repeat this course as often as you like to find to whatever benefit you need, and to help fulfill your life’s journeys, challenges, and goals.
Brought to Udemy in partnership with Personality Hacker.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in body-mind practices.
- Those who want to do yoga at home or otherwise rely on a pre-recorded session.
- Yoga teachers who want to see full examples of a narrative approach to yoga.
- Students of yoga, particularly kundalini, who want to supplement their regular practice.
- Avid readers of the famous Dr. Carl Jung and of Jungian psychology.
- People who like stories! Viscerally experience 3 stories of travel, victory, and service.
- Adventure seekers! Feel the hero’s journey in your body, heart, and mind.
- Anyone who is curious about yoga.
Award-winning UCLA instructor, consultant, and author, Dario Nardi Ph.D. has expertise in learning, group facilitation, and simulation. His workshops and books draw on his lab research in neuroscience, personality, and body-mind practices. His titles include Neuroscience of Personality, The Magic Diamond, Jung on Yoga, 8 Keys to Self-Leadership, Facets of Ayahuasca, and many more. He is also the author of several interactive novellas and the Radiance RPG table-top game. Dario has lived in Barbados, Japan, Norway, and the USA. He received his initial training in shamanism at the Scandinavian Center for Shamanic Studies.