What you'll learn
- Learn how to design the game logic for the game and implement it as code
- Learn how to make the game intelligent and interesting by introducing a randomization element into it. Make it unpredictable for the programmer too!
- Learn how to set up the skeleton of a web app or web game using HTML5
- Learn how to design a sophisticated 2D game using advanced CSS and CSS3 concepts
- Build a fully featured timer for your game
- Learn how to make CSS3 card flipping work
- Learn how to create completely customized popup boxes - you can use this knowledge in a number of other projects as well
- Build a score display for your game
- Learn how to make completely customized alert boxes (or popup boxes) - the game's final display
- Understand the basics of HTML5 & CSS3 (I'll explain the concepts as we code the project)
- Improve your logical problem solving skills
- Improve your front end design and development skills
- You can come to this course with absolutely no coding knowledge. I explain everything you need to create your very first 2D web game.
- A PC or laptop to practice what I teach
Practice makes perfect.
Start your journey into becoming a professional 2D Game Developer for the Web and a front end web developer here!
Learn how to create a real world Dynamic, intelligent Memory Game with Timer & Score cards with Web 2D Game development concepts!
At DigiFisk, we like making learning fun. Our courses are interactive and fun with a ton of practical elements to it. We've decided to take it a step further with our Front end Web app development practice series.
Once you learn the syntax of a programming language, the next logical step is to start creating software and apps. But that's where most students get stuck. Problem solving isn't as easy as learning a bunch of syntaxes.
But we aim to make it easy for you. We also aim to teach you intermediate programming topics like object oriented programming while at it.
What will you learn in this course?
2. How to design the game logic for the game and implement it as code
3. How to make the game intelligent and interesting by introducing a randomization element into it. Make it unpredictable for even the programmer of the game.
4. How to set up the skeleton of a web app or web game using HTML5
5. How to design a sophisticated 2D game using advanced CSS and CSS3 concepts
7. How to build a fully featured timer for your game
8. How to make CSS3 card flipping work using CSS3 transitions and css3 transformations.
9. Logical problem solving
10. How to create completely customized popup boxes - you can use this knowledge in a number of other projects as well
11. How to build a score display for your game that dynamically updates itself.
13. The basics of HTML5 & CSS3 (I'll explain the concepts as we code the project)
15. Front end design and development
By the end of the course, you'll be one step closer to creating web based 2D games and front end web apps like a pro. You could even try creating other web apps and games from the concepts you learn in this course.
How is this course designed?
I've made this course as easy to understand as possible. I've structured it in such a way that each section will handle one of the 3 languages covered here.
Introduction: This is where I'll explain how the game works, it's various features and what we'll be using to achieve the same results.
Module 1: We'll be teaching you how to create the bare bones of the game with HTML5. The result will be a page with all the elements we need in our game, devoid any colors or design elements.
Final section: Finally, We'll give you some ideas on how to improve/enhance the app further and make it your own in terms of design and functionalities.
This course is for you if:
1. If you're completely new to web 2D game development & Web development and you want to learn by creating a real world 2D game.
3. If you have the passion for programming, and if you know the basics of HTML5 and CSS3, but you're stuck on the practical aspects of it. Turn your theoretical knowledge into practical knowledge with our course.
4. If you want to learn web game development the fun way - by doing, rather than just listening and taking notes.
5. If you want to delve into the exciting world of 2D game development for the web, this course will take you a couple steps further in the right direction.
8. If you want to add a real-world project/game to your resume - to get a promotion or find a new job.
9. If you want to pad your portfolio with a cool project to bag more freelance web development and 2D game development projects.
10. If you'd like to go from a complete beginner to an intermediate web programmer and 2D web game developer.
11. If you'd like to learn something that can be used in your university coursework (project).
So, what are you waiting for? Get this course today, and begin your journey into the wonderful world where 2D game development meets front end web development with the help of CSS3 transitions & transformations!
Who this course is for:
- If you're completely new to web 2D game development & Web development and you want to learn by creating a real world 2D game
- If you want to learn web development the fun way - by doing, rather than just listening and taking notes. If you love learning by creating, and don't like to listen to hours of theory, this course is for you
- If you'd like to pad your resume or portfolio with an impressive project
- If you'd like to learn something that can be used in your university coursework (project)
- If you'd like to go from a complete beginner to an intermediate web programmer and 2D web game developer
- If you have the passion for programming, and know the basics of HTML5 and CSS, but you're stuck on the practical aspects of it. Turn your theoretical knowledge into practical knowledge with our course.
Welcome to DigiFisk!
I am Aarthi Elumalai, the founder of DigiFisk.
Here at DigiFisk, we aim to make programming fun and interactive for students.
If you're tired of boring theoretical classes, then you've come to the right place.
We start off with basics/beginner courses in a particular programming language or field, and continue on with a number of real-world project-based classes to equip you to thrive in the real world.
Our lectures tend to be very detailed. We leave nothing out, so beginners and advanced programmers alike can learn something from each of our courses.
Enjoy your journey into the fascinating world of programming with DigiFisk! We'll see you inside. :)