2D Game Art for Non-Artists
- No experience is required to complete this course. However, it is shown in Photoshop. (CS2 is now open-source.) All of these techniques will work in software such as GIMP, but may require a little research to find the tools name/location.
In this series, your instructor, Steve Curtis is going to demonstrate how to harness the power of Photoshop to get beautiful 2D art work for games, even if you've never created art before. This is High-Rez art designed to look like modern graphics but with that old school feel. Although it isn't pixel art, the graphics created could certainly be sized down to create art that has that pixel art feel. This course uses Photoshop, however GIMP and similar programs should suffice. No tablet is required, all of the art in this series was created using only a mouse.
We will create beautiful cartoon art with a modern edge, and harness light and shading techniques to give our work depth.
Who this course is for:
- This course was created for programmers and designers who may not have access to an asset artist for their 2D game.
- This course is not for experienced artists familiar with digital art
- 16:23Part 1: Sky and Mountains
- 15:52Part 2: Sky and Mountains
- 17:20Part 1: Making Happy little Trees
- 18:57Part 2: Making Happy Little Trees
- 14:28Earth Blocks
- 08:42Awesome 2D Grass
- 09:56I Wanna Rock
- 05:32Creating our Buzz Saw
- 13:07Part 1: Creating Our Character
- 11:08Part 2: Creating Our Character
- 00:56Bonus Lecture: Photoshop for Non-Artists: Texture Libraries discount for you!
3D Buzz is a company dedicated to providing the world with quality technical education over 3D animation, programming, game design, and much more. We have been producing training videos since 2001, always pushing the envelope in the development of informative lessons with an engaging and personable format. We try to make the viewer feel more like they're involved in a classroom discussion with an energetic teacher as opposed to being stuck in a dry, uninspired, run-of-the-mill training video.
But 3D Buzz is so much more than just training videos. We maintain one of the most helpful online communities on the internet. We do our very best to keep in close contact with our community, and to make sure that when you're here, you feel at home.