2D Explosion Animations: Make Cartoony VFX in Photoshop
What you'll learn
- Getting familiar with Photoshop commonly used tools and effects
- Creating various cartoony frame by frame animations
- Ways of making your 2D explosion VFX more powerful and substantial
- Exporting animation as a sprite sheet ready for use in your 2D game
- Keyboard and mouse
- Adobe Photoshop license (can be a trial version)
- No prior knowledge required
Get ready to make 2D visual effects of things go BOOM in a truly fun cartoony way! Because this course is all about awesome 2D explosion effects!
Using Photoshop you will learn to create various kinds of explosive VFX that could easily be used as game assets, video FX or materials for any other 2D animation projects.
We have fire explosion, water bubble burst, lightning strike and more cool animations waiting to be brought to life. So, let’s get to it!
Why choose Photoshop for your 2D explosion FX?
Being a leading visual editing software on the market, Photoshop also provides a very comfortable environment for creating visual effects.
It is a powerful software, packed with useful tools that are easy to learn and enjoyable to use. Those qualities combined make Adobe Photoshop a go-to software for the majority of visual artists, photographers, and animators.
Making frame by frame visual effects such as 2D cartoony explosions is a fun and rewarding process. Photoshop makes it also an easy one.
What will you get from this course?
This course will teach you how to make your own 2D explosion animation sprite sheet from scratch. No previous Photoshop knowledge, or artistic skills required. Just a desire to learn making your own cartoony VFX!
In this course we will:
- Go over the basics of Photoshop to get ready for working with the software
- Draw frame by frame our own cartoony explosion animations
- Create various kinds of explosion FX including dust, gas and fire explosions
- Test our 2D explosions and enhance them to become powerful VFX
- Export our explosion animations as sprite sheets from Photoshop
Throughout the course we will look at the complete process of visual effect creation, enhancing and finally exporting the animation ready to use in cartoons, games or videos.
This course will provide you with the skill and knowledge to design and create your own 2D explosion VFX in the future!
Why choose this course to learn creating 2D explosion animations?
As an independent studio we often have to rely on our own skills in creating assets. Luckily for us, we enjoy creating cool cartoony looking stuff quite a lot.
This course is our way of sharing our knowledge with fellow artists. We tried to make it as clear and detailed as we could, to better serve both beginner animators and those of you who already have experience in the field.
Going over various kinds of explosion animations, this course is aiming to grant you an understanding of how to design and bring to life your own 2D VFX.
Moreover, we offer you:
- Personal guidance and answer to any questions (within reasonable response time of up to 1-2 work days, depending on the day of the week).
- Quizzes to fortify your knowledge.
- Lifetime access to course materials (including any future updates in the course).
We love games and adore animation. This 2D VFX creation course is designed to make it possible to other animators (beginners and advanced) to expand their abilities and be able to create their own fun cartoony assets.
Hope you enjoy taking this course, as much as we enjoyed creating it.
So, sign up, and start making your own awesome 2D explosion animations!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to advanced 2D digital animators
- 2D game developers looking to create fun cartoony assets
- Video and cartoon creators curious to make their ow 2D VFX
Think Citric is an independent game development studio. Our recent work in Spine 2D animation has led to a successful YouTube channel where we post tutorials on the tool alongside with our game development videos. More and more users turning to us with questions had led to the idea of sharing our knowledge on Udemy. We are passionate about game development, and support anyone interested in getting into this field.