Introduction to 2 & 3D Drone Modeling With Agisoft Metashape
What you'll learn
- In this course students will learn about creating Drone Models and Maps with Agisoft Metashape
- Students will be shown drone modeling capture applications
- Students will be exposed to the process of autonomous drone flight for building 2D and 3D Models
- Students will learn about Metshape's Standard and Pro versions and the differences between them
- Students will learn about Digital Elevation Models, Orthomosaic Models, and 3D Models made with Metashape
- Students will be able to practice their own drone models with several image sets included in this course.
- Beginning students should develop a very good handle on the workflow process from drone to finished model in Metashape.
- It would be most beneficial if students were already drone pilots. It's not required, but understanding drone flight will be beneficial
- Students should have a copy of Metashape Standard or Metashape Pro to get the most out of this course. They can download a 30 day trial of the software
- Students should have a working knowledge of legal drone flight in their location.
- Students should be proficient drone pilots before they start this course. This course is not an introduction to drone flight, it is an introduction to drone modeling.
This course covers 2D & 3D Modeling with DJI drones and Agisoft's Metashape. In this class students will learn about capturing images with their DJI drones for creating models. Students will then walk through the process of generating 2D & 3D models with a software package known as Metashape, developed by Agisoft.
The basic principles of Drone Modeling will be covered in this course. Capture images, import to a modeling program, aligning images, generating a point cloud, generating a 3D mesh, and generating a texture file. Most programs for drone modeling follow this workflow. So even if you're not a Metashape user, this class will still walk you through the basics of the modeling process.
A fair amount of the course will cover capturing drone images for 2D & 3D Models. We introduce several capture applications and show flight setups for creating models. If your initial flights aren't good, your model will most likely turn out poorly as well. So focusing on initial image captures is very important in this course.
We will introduce Metashape Standard Edition and Pro Edition for your modeling process. While other programs allow you to achieve similar results, their interfaces vary from program to program. Metashape is easy enough for beginners to work with, and powerful enough for professional drone modeling applications as well.
Ground Control Points and Advanced Modeling Topics
This course on drone modeling with Agisoft's Metashape is designed for beginners who are interested in generating 2D & 3D Models. While the course gives a brief over view of manual image alignment and Ground Control Points, it does not get into the great detail and complexity of utilizing Ground Control Points (GCPs). If you're approaching the professional level of drone modeling you will require a more advanced class than this one.
Pilot in Command's Responsibilities
In this course we'll be discussing a lot of automated drone flight. If you're intending on using a drone for the purposes of mapping and modeling you should have a basic understanding of your drone, the rules and regulations where you're flying, and your personal responsibility as a drone pilot. This course does not cover basic drone flight principles nor flight regulations, and it's up to you to be aware of flight safety and legal flight requirements.
Who this course is for:
- Drone Pilots who want to grow their drone business
- Drone pilots who understand the basics of drone modeling
- Drone pilots who already understand drone flight basics, and the rules for drone flight in their country.
- Beginning drone modeling students
Since the 90's I've been involved in the Tech industry in one fashion or other. For a decade I was in Telecommunications working with Sprint PCS, AT&T Wireless, and US Cellular. During my time with the big carriers I spent a lot of time creating training packages for technicians and engineers working on wireless switches.
Since 2006 my focus switched toward smaller imaging business topics. Digital Photography, image editing, drone work, 360 imaging and more. Additionally I've been developing websites for RV Parks and Resorts in the Southwest. I've taken my interests in travel and imaging, and merged them together into my small business today.
I have tied my network engineering knowledge together with more artistic endeavors in order to create RLC Design Services. And now I'm bringing some of my skill sets to Udemy. If you're interested in effective website development, SEO, photography, and drone photography keep an eye on my new course offerings.