25 Questions To Ask When You Write Your Novel
What you'll learn
- Write or revise a novel with a strong focus and a marketing angle that will sell
- Gain a greater understanding on how character, plot, and world develop story
- Shape ideas into key plot points in the drafting stage
- Revise a story so that it will sell
- Develop characters that people want to read about
- Create plots twists no reader will see coming
- Gain a greater understanding of what makes book sell in today's market
- Get published!
Do you want to take your writing to the next level?
This course is designed to guide you in consciously developing strong characters, less predictable plots, and vivid worlds for your story. Whether you are starting with an idea you want to turn into a finish novel, or a novel you want to revise to perfection, Beth Revis asks the key questions you need to consider to hone your work into a manuscript that will sell.
Beth has experience in both teaching and publishing, and this course is the perfect blend of both. With real examples and experience backing up each lecture, by the end of the course you will have a clear direction for your work, and a completed journal full of insight into your fictional world.
A free digital copy of the Paper Hearts Journal is included with this course. This journal is a part of the popular Paper Hearts series by NY Times bestselling author Beth Revis. Each lecture is paired with journal entries for students to complete, broken into sections directly from the Paper Hearts Journal. If you would prefer to use a print journal for the course, they are readily available at any book retailer.
All story is made of plot, characters, and world--but only you can add the heart and make it your own.
Who this course is for:
- Writers who want to turn their idea into a novel
- Writers who've already written a novel, but need guidance on rewriting
- Writers with specific problems in plot, character, and/or world-building
- Writers looking for active guidance in the craft
Beth Revis is the NY Times bestseller of more than seven novels. Her work is published in more than twenty languages, and she's worked with major publishers including Penguin Random House and Lucasfilm/Disney Hyperion, as well as self published. In addition to fiction, Beth is also the author of the Paper Heart series, a nonfiction series that includes three instructional volumes covering writing, publishing, and marketing, as well as a fully interactive workbook and a journal with twenty-five prompts to jumpstart novel development. A Nationally Board Certified teacher with a MA in English Literature, Beth has a passion for both writing and education.