25 Days to Better Drawings
What you'll learn
- How to balance observation with mark making.
- How to loosen up for greater accuracy in your drawings.
- How to break complex subjects down into easy to draw shapes.
- How to use variety in line to create the illusion of form and light through line quality.
- How the concept of cross contour lines can help us to better understand the form of a subject and determine directional stroking when adding shading to a drawing.
- How to apply the concept of cross contour lines to shading using hatching and cross hatching.
- How to use value to create the illusion of light and form in a drawing.
- How to use value to create the illusion of texture in a drawing.
- How to create the illusion of space in your drawings using five simple devices.
- How to draw with one, two, and three point perspective.
- How to use sighting, measuring, and mapping to ensure greater accuracy in your drawings.
- How to recognize positive and negative space (shapes) to ensure greater accuracy in your drawings.
- How to use a formulaic approach to drawing a face from observation or imagination by understanding the general locations and proportions of the face.
- How to use the grid technique to accurately capture any subject in a drawing when working from a photo reference.
- How to draw the human figure quickly and with accuracy using a simple four-step approach to gesture drawing.
- A willingness to learn and practice drawing.
Learn a new drawing concept and skill every day for 25 days. Each drawing concept taught includes a short drawing exercise (less than one hour) that reinforces the concept. Students can go through the course in sequential order or take the course at their leisure, taking each day as they find time. Each day includes a "Daily Mindset", drawing lesson, and downloadable ebook.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for beginning and intermediate artists wishing to learn the concepts of drawing.
Hi, I am an illustrator and educator. As the founder and instructor at TheVirtualInstructor (website), I am able to help thousands of people all over the world realize their dreams of creating quality art. My illustrations have been featured in numerous publications and my work can be found in many private collections. Although I am an illustrator, my true passion in life is teaching. I have been teaching for over ten years and I am lucky to have helped so many people achieve their goals of creating art.