2022 Beginner's guide to Cyber Security
What you'll learn
- What is Cybersecurity
- What are Threats & Vulnerabilities
- Malware - Viruses, Worms, Trojans, Bots, Adware, Spyware, Rootkits, Ransomware
- What is Phishing
- What is a brute force and denial of service attack
- How to protect your data and devices
Why should you enroll?
Since we've been working in this field for over 15 years, we wanted to share part of what we've learned in all these years with people that are completely new to Cyber Security, or people that would like to understand the 2022 basics in this field.
You will find the general information mixed with real-life scenarios and real tips & tricks on how to protect from different threats.
Our goal is to use your time in the most efficient way, in order for you to get the most important content in the shortest time.
What will you know after taking our course?
1. A general introduction to Cyber Security, including an explanation of the CIA (Confidentiality, integrity, and availability) rating.
2. What is Malware (Viruses, Worms, Trojans, Bots, Adware, Spyware, Rootkits, and Ransomware).
3. Understanding different threats (Brute force, DDoS, Phishing, and Social engineering).
4. Guide on how do you protect yourself as an individual. This area will be focused on your devices and your data.
5. Bonus lecture: How are the jobs in Cyber Security? Should you consider this field?
This course is designed for a general audience. No prior knowledge is required.
For different specific terms, you will have an explanation in the notes.
Who this course is for:
- General audience
An IT industry veteran with 15 years of experience, starting from hands-on technical roles to leading engineering teams in security-critical sectors. Passionate about coaching, development, teaching, and supporting others.
- Co-author of "NFT Gold Rush" book.
- Featured in Financial Times "100 Faces of Innovation"
Relevant conferences (speaker):
- DevOps Enterprise Summit 2022 Europe - "Cybersecurity during dark times"
- RiskMinds International 2021 (Barcelona) - "Banks vs threats during a pandemic"
- DevOps Enterprise Summit 2021 US – "How's your bank working from home?"
- cdCon 2021 - "How's your bank working from home?"
- RiskMinds In Focus 2021 (online) - "How is the Financial world keeping their customers safe and happy?"
- RiskMinds International 2020 (Barcelona/Online) – “Digital bank heists”
- DevOps Enterprise Summit 2019 (Las Vegas, US) – “The road from a traditional Bank to a Tech Giant“
- Devoxx Ukraine 2019 (Kiev, Ukraine) – “World Wild Web: Digital bank heists”
- Riskminds Insurance 2019 (Amsterdam, Netherlands) – “Cybersecurity”
Alexandru - Madalin Ghenea has over 5 years of work experience in the IT field.
He did a Bachelor's in Computers and Information Technology and continued his studies with a focus on security by doing a Master's in Computer Science - Secure Software.
He worked as a research assistant, consultant, and software engineer, gaining experience in a broad range of IT fields.